Thursday, April 15, 2010

Commercials

I don't like most commercials from nowadays, especially the car ones which are very annoying. I have vivid memories of the ones from my childhood. These seemed so much better. I have even watched some of them on You Tube.

There was Mr Whipple for Charmin- "Please don't squeeze the Charmin", the Dunkin' Donuts guy- "Time to make the doughnuts.", Rosie for Bounty paper towels, Madge the Palmolive lady and Messy Marvin for Hershey's Syrup.

I have a marble notebook in which I wrote down many of my favorites. I have to dig that out of my storage container one day and check it out. My brother and I liked the Miller Lite ones with Billy Martin, other sports stars and Rodney Dangerfield. I'm pretty sure it was this brand of beer.

I should be watching tennis now but my mind is wandering. I probably will beat myself up about not paying attention to it later especially because it is hardly on TV unless you have Tennis Channel. Now I've got the Connect Four commercial in my head- "Pretty sneaky, sis". Why is it that stuff like this from my childhood sticks in my brain so well but I can't remember much about the past 20 years?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...