Saturday, May 2, 2020

April 29, 2016-Childhood Memories- Part 1
Medical

I used to get a lot of sore throats when I was a kid. I remember a couple of times that they were so bad that mom took me to the ER. I had trouble swallowing. Mom’s friend Helen J was a nurse and would sometimes give me shots to try to prevent them and/or to make them less painful.

   I needed to have my tonsils removed in 1984. After that I didn’t get as many sore throats and when I did they weren’t very awful ones.

  Mike and I had mild cases of the chicken pox when we were little kids. He had a very bad case of pneumonia once back then. He was even hallucinating which was truly frightening.

   He broke his arm when he was about 6 or 7 years old. He did so after falling off of a pile of stuff that he was using to try to reach the lowest branch of a tree in our front yard. I broke mine when I was roller skating on the patio in my aunt’s back yard. I think that was in 1980.

   I remember mom making us use the horrible smelling Vicks VapoRub when we were sick. We’d put it under our noses and on our chests. This really did help to make us feel better. She would make us chicken soup and sometimes give us Coke syrup for our upset stomachs.


Note- both photos are from the internet.
 

                              

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...