Wednesday, April 29, 2020


April 27, 2016- The Band Perry and More-Part 2


   If my memory is correct, I could hear nearly all of the Duran Duran interview last September. That group was on my mind too much during the 6 hours that I was in the city. I was wishing that I hadn’t deleted their performance on this show. I didn’t even think to set the DVR up today for The Band Perry.

   I did take a lot of pictures this morning. I don’t think as many as I did for Duran Duran though. I looked through them this afternoon and a lot of them are crappy, esp. from during the sound check. I did get a few good shots of the 3 of them together. I was hoping to upload them today but my brother didn’t go to his therapy group so I couldn’t. This is going to have to wait until Monday afternoon.

   I had promised Janet to email her a shot that I took of George Hamilton. We had been sticking around the studio for a little while hoping to see the band coming out of it. They left for a bit to put something in their car which is when that actor was going inside the studio. I thought that it was him but wasn’t entirely sure until I overheard 2 guys talking about him.

   I am mentally and physically exhausted from this adventure. I hadn’t even intended on talking much to anyone there but wound up doing so with Janet eventually.

   I was about in an 8th row during the concert. There was just a little space between the stage and the crowd. There was a little stage in front of the main one so the group was closer to us then. I couldn’t help trying to guesstimate if the distance will be similar when I am at the Duran Duran show in July. That would be pretty good if so. It all depends on the size of the pit area.

   Kimberly and Reid did get closer to me when they went over to a little area that was probably the VIP section after the show. They chatted with people there and some in the regular area for a bit. I took photos. One of Reid would have been nice if I hadn’t accidentally zoomed in so much. Most of the shots of her came out good, of course.

   Once again, DD was on my brain. I was wishing that one or more of the guys from that group had done something similar. I feel like I have some sort of sickness- Duranitis. I am really sounding like a truly devoted fan now. Naturally, Amy and Sharon would say that there is nothing wrong with that.

   I actually wasn’t that ashamed to admit to Janet that I had been to their mini-concert on the Plaza last October. I had told her that I had been to two others that seemed to have more people at them than this one. It might have been around the same amount for Lady A.

   I ate my granola bar in the store; I was starving and couldn’t wait until afterwards to do so. I hadn’t eaten since about 3:30 a.m., nearly 7 hours earlier. I had my sandwich in the food court area downstairs afterwards.

   I made it back to Penn Station just in time for the 12:01 train. I had forgotten to buy the ticket so I had to quickly do that. Traffic on the way home was bad. It used to be okay between like the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. but it’s not that way anymore, unfortunately. I really hate driving.

   I wish that I could afford to go to a real The Band Perry concert this year. I think that they are at the Westbury Theater in Long Island. No more concerts can be in my budget for a while because of all of the DD ones that I have been to these past 8 months.

   I heard DD’s Paper Gods CD this afternoon because my brother had it on when I was in the living room. He listens to it much more than I do!

Kimberly

George Hamilton

Kathie Lee

Ryan Lochte

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...