Wednesday, May 27, 2020

September 3, 2016- Howard Jones Concert- Part 2


   I hadn’t really wanted to talk to anybody but wound up doing so a little with the couple who was sitting next to me in the theater. They had wanted to know if I had seen Howard Jones in concert before. I told them only for the “Today” mini concert. They had seen him twice in the 1990s.

   I forget which song the guy had asked me if I liked when it was just beginning- maybe “Life in One Day”.

   I asked a guy at the station if he knew when the next train was coming. That was the start of a long conversation which is very unusual for me. We were talking so much that he nearly missed his stop.

   He likes jazz music. I mentioned how I liked listening to my Mom’s Nat King Cole albums. I said that it would be cool if our spirits could travel back in time and see him in concert. I was afraid that he would think that this was kind of crazy but he liked that notion.

   The girl who had been sitting behind me was also on the train. She is Japanese and doesn’t speak much English. She showed us pictures of the CD that Howard had signed for her that day. She mentioned some other music stars that she likes- Phil Collins/Genesis and Tears for Fears included.

   Most people wouldn’t really understand what a struggle it is for me to socialize. A big part of me would rather not say much if anything at all but there is a little of me that wishes that I could be better at this, including not feeling so uncomfortable.

   I am glad that I didn’t back out of going to this concert. I feel bad that I was thinking about Duran Duran a few times during it though, including my screw ups during this tour. I need not rehash all of that.

  Sorry, Mr. Jones- I couldn’t help that my brain was distracted by that group, my anxieties, my depression, and other things during your performance.

   I didn’t really get any sleep last night. I had tried going to bed like 5 minutes after I got home. Sometimes when I am overly tired like that, I have strange images running around in my head. This time it was unicorns, rainbows, and My Little Pony.







 
Note- The 2 My Little Pony photos are from the internet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...