Tuesday, May 26, 2020


September 3, 2016- Howard Jones Concert- September 2-Part 1

I decided to walk to the Paramount Theatre so I wouldn’t have the anxiety of calling for a cab then. I was worrying about having to do so for later throughout the day though, even during the show. It turned out to be a longer trek than the one mile that I thought that it would be. It was more like 2.

   I had a lot of time to kill so I looked in some stores. I went into Walgreens and bought an unsweetened iced tea. A girl outside of here thought that I was one of her former teachers at first. In a shopping plaza, I went to K-Mart, Marshalls and Old Navy.

   I passed by a cemetery too which was freaky because I was walking through one in my nightmare of a few days ago.

    Normally, I don’t mind being on such adventures by myself but for the first time I was feeling really lonely. I was wishing that Sharon could have been a part of this one.

    I was pretty close to the stage- row 4, seat 3. I had mistakenly thought that I was in row 3, seat 4. I had a perfect view. I feel awful for wishing that this was a Duran Duran show instead; I would be right in front of John.

   I hate that I was thinking about DD a lot yesterday. In the morning, I had actually seen a picture of John with Howard on Tumblr.

   The concert was good. I forget parts of it already, like which song was first. I was so happy that he did one of my favorites “The Prisoner”. I was hoping that he’d perform “Lift Me Up” but he didn’t. The songs of his that I’ve been listening to the most lately are these and “Everlasting Love” which was also a part of the set list.

    I am pretty sure that the last song was “Things Can Only Get Better”. ? I was feeling kind of depressed and thinking “No, nothing is going to get better for me”. Was “New Song” included in this encore too or had that been done earlier? 

   Luckily, a cab was waiting outside of the theater already so I didn’t have to call for one. He waited to see if he could get another passenger (because his boss tells him to do so) but no one else needed a ride.

  Thanks to the LIIR, I missed the last train out of NYC by about 7 minutes. This wouldn’t have happened if they had just let passengers on the train sooner instead of just having the train sit there for like 15 minutes first.

   That 3 hours and 40 minutes in Penn Station seemed to last forever. The time of the first morning train on the weekend is 50 minutes later which made it even worse. I was too exhausted in every way to focus on my book. I was only able to read a couple of pages and even that was difficult.

   My brother was sitting outside waiting for Tony. His merchandise for the flea market was there too. They usually load up the truck on Friday night. He thought that I had been in Manhattan. I hadn’t wanted to tell him that this show was in Huntington for fear that he would tease me for wanting to go out that far for it.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...