Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Hometown Carnival






Next week is the annual Winfield carnival which my brother is really looking forward to mainly because of the food like the ribs and zeppoles. Mom and I haven't been to this event in a very long time. We do enter the super 50-50 for it though. We've never won that or the regular nightly ones. I do have some good memories of going there when I was a kid, like going on the Tilt-a-Whirl and the Scrambler and playing some of the games. The food was always good there. My brother said that the selection isn't as big as it used to be. It is always held around the time of my mom's birthday on July 30th so Mark would treat her to some ribs as part of her gift. This picture of the 35th one is in my scrapbook. It's from the Daily Journal, the paper that we used to get before it went out of business. The photos from my family album are from 1972. I'm with my friend Theresa on the left and on the merrry-go-round with my brother with mom hidden in the back. They are the only photos we have of our hometown carnival.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...