Friday, April 24, 2020


April 25, 2016- Chiller Theatre Show

We were at this event longer than I thought that we would be, partly because Tony was doing a lot of talking with people. Also, he and Mike spent like 20 minutes picking out DVDs that they are going to try to resell at the flea market. They got a deal of only .50 each. 

   I guess that I am glad that I went. At the beginning of the day, I was sort of wishing that I could just stay home and watch the tennis and Mets game. We did see Kerber win the Stuttgart tournament before leaving then watched part of the rebroadcast of the Barcelona tournament final which Nadal won.

   Mike actually got the same two autographs that I did which was a bit surprising but I was glad that he did so. First, we went to Robert Pine. He seemed nice. Mike and he were chatting about westerns which Mr. Pine was a guest star in a lot of. We found out that he is buddies with Robert Fuller, who is in another favorite show of ours,” Emergency”.

   Mike got to shake his hand which I am a little jealous about. I hadn’t even thought to stick out my hand to try to do so when I was saying “Nice to meet you”, probably because I am not usually a touchy-feely person.

   We returned to that living room area later on to get Larry Wilcox’s autograph. I had been debating on doing so when walking around and observing the stars. I figured why not since I have one of them. Neither of us were interested in getting that of Erik Estrada. He was charging $20.00 more than the other two.

   I don’t know why, but Mr. Wilcox shook my hand twice. He did say that my hand is cold. I said something dumb in reply to that- they are always cold. I should have said often and not always.

   While we were waiting on that line, I saw this boy of about 7 or 8 years old getting excited about meeting Robert Pine. That was so funny and cute. That it about how old my brother and I were when we started watching “CHiPs”.

   We forgot to go back to the outside area to see the salvage truck from “Sanford and Son”.  We did see the Monkees car earlier but that wasn’t there yet. It was cool seeing Demond Wilson who played Lamont in this show that our family used to enjoy watching.

   It was interesting seeing Kevin Sorbo (“Hercules”), Ernest Thomas and Danielle Spencer (“What’s Happening”), Bernie Kopell (“The Love Boat”), George Wendt (“Cheers”), Marc Price (“Family Ties”), Nana Visitor (“Deep Space Nine”) and Max Baer (“The Beverly Hillbillies”).

   A few of the Rocky Horror Picture Show stars, including Barry Bostwick, were also there. Tony had thought about getting their autographs but didn’t. He had been on line for Rob Schneider’s but after an hour gave up on that. He said that he must have been running late on the photo op session upstairs.

   We saw some music stars- Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork from the Monkees, Weird Al Yankovic (the song parody guy), and Martha Davis from the Motels. Tony was disappointed that Meatloaf and Alice Cooper weren’t there. They were the other 2 days.

   I was talking to a lady who had an adorable pug puppy named Winston while waiting for my brother to get done in the restroom. I felt less nervous talking to her than I did to the stars, probably because a doggie was the major part of our conversation.

   I wish that I hadn’t been afraid to ask if I could buy the nice “CHiPs” cast shot that was on Mr. Wilcox’s table. Even Michael Dorn was in that shot. Mike was lucky that he got to meet him. If I hadn’t been afraid to go to these shows with him and Tony in the past, I would have to.

   Mike said that maybe I could find this for sale online. I hope so. I would have paid $5.00 for it but not $10.00 which he said he bets that would be what they would have charged if they agreed to sell it to me.



 

 

1 comment:

Roshinda Zill said...

I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
We also provide yahoo customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to contact us:
Hotmail Phone Contact

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...