Saturday, April 25, 2020

Dreamtime-

December 23, 2014- Autographs

I was at an autograph signing show with Mike and Dad. It was being held in a warehouse type building. The inside of it was nice. The guest list would be a surprise to me because I wasn’t in this holodeck program until we got there. They had run out of the booklets that contained this info and my brother really wasn’t talking about it.

   We saw Johnny Crawford from “The Rifleman”; my brother likes that show a lot. He said that he would get his autograph later. Dad went off on his own. Mike said that he would meet up with me in the other room in about 10 minutes. I wasn’t sure where he was going.

   That room had 4 stars from “CHiPs”- Randi Oakes, the actress who played Sindy, Erik Estrada, and Larry Wilcox. I was wishing that Robert Pine and Michael Dorn were there too. The latter probably would be at this event more for his role in “Star Trek: The Next Generation” though.

   I summoned up enough courage to talk to Estrada and Wilcox. Mike returned and was happy to see Randi. He got her autograph. I needed more cash so I went to an ATM. Estrada’s was $35.00, $5.00 more than Wilcox’s.

   Mike helped me pick out the photos. He was chatting with them, including telling them that we have been watching “CHiPs” on MeTV lately. He also got their autographs.

   “NCIS” star Cote de Pablo was also in this room. Mike wanted her autograph but needed more cash. As I was waiting for him, I suddenly felt very tired and weak. I was surprised when Erik noticed this and got a chair for me to sit in. I thanked him.

   I was getting a little annoyed that it was taking my brother so long to return. Maybe he and Dad were talking. Or he might have run into Tony who had told us that he might be there.

   I was glad when he did finally get back. He talked to Cote for about 5 minutes. I had overheard a guy saying that Mark Harmon was in the big room. As if either or both “NCIS” stars would show up at such an event. I did wonder why they weren’t in the same room.

   Mike and I went to the big room next. I saw Huey Lewis sitting at one of the tables. I found out that he and The News (where were they now?) would be performing there later. This room had a stage in it.

   I didn’t really want anyone else’s autograph. I went with my brother to meet Johnny Crawford. As he was talking to him, the scene began to fade. My time at this show was over. It was interesting that I got to see these and other stars at it.

   I actually did see Erik Estrada at a Chiller Theater one in 2008 but wasn’t interested in getting his autograph. I wish that I hadn’t been afraid to go with Mike and Dad to the show that Michael Dorn was at. Mike said that he had told him “My sister remembers you being on “CHiPs”. 


Mark Harmon
 
Note- the bottom photo is from the internet.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...