Friday, April 10, 2020


March 13, 2016- Additional Childhood Memories

Yesterday, Mike did do some of his jealousy routine about Kathy. He mentioned how the fortune teller at the Wildwood boardwalk predicted that she would have a successful career in the scientific field which she has- at a research lab. I don’t even remember what that lady told me but I don’t really believe in such nonsense for the most part.

   Kathy and her mom had a fortune telling party at their house. Her friends Dana and Ginny were there. A couple of times we used an Ouija board which I also don’t believe in. I think that both Kathy and Dana had one of those.

   The 4 of them were over at our house when Uncle Joe, Aunt Ann and Cousin Missy were visiting. Mike, Missy, Kathy, Ginny, and I were down in my room listening to Dana tell a scary story in the dark. She also told us that the spirit of my grandfather was in our house which is a load of rubbish.

   Missy said something strange about cat people after this. That night we took a walk and saw a sign with Tanya’s birthday party and an arrow on it that we moved which was kind of mean.

   Mike recently reminded me that Kathy, Gina, and Dana came with us to a dance at our high school. I had totally forgotten about this. I try not to think much about that place; too many bad memories.

   I definitely have better ones of grade school. I was thinking about a library book that my brother took out in either Kindergarten or first grade which he never did return. I’m pretty sure that it was called Kobo the Koala.

   He did his imitation of Grandma Next- door this afternoon.  I sometimes do this too. He said “Eh, it’s almost over” as she did on holidays when it was only 3 or 4:00 in the afternoon. Her sister, Aunt Rachel, used to say “And how” a lot which we like using too. Mike seems to enjoy quoting Dad frequently. The scary thing is that he sounds exactly like him.

   Does God think that we are making fun of certain people when we are doing so? We mainly mean it as a tribute. My brother tends to go overboard with it though, esp. with certain people like pop and a former family friend, Ron.

 
Note- both photos are from the internet
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...