Monday, April 6, 2020

March 11, 2016- Wrangler Day- Part 2


We were able to get into the 2nd taping thanks to the 2 girls behind us, a little lie, and the niceness of the staff. We hadn’t realized that we were on the regular line of people with tickets and not the standby one.

   The one girl had an extra 2 person ticket that she gave us. Neither of our names were on their list since we hadn’t actually signed up for this but Sally made it seem like we had. They made an exception, thank goodness.

   This was the taping of Meredith’s last show ever. There were a lot of flashback and farewell clips. The only guests were Mario Cantone and Joy Behar; neither of us were thrilled about this.

   I wish that one or more of the 4 that had been part of a clip segment that was made to seem like a live part of this show had been there. Three were from the Today show- Willie Geist, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee. Regis Philbin was the other one.

   There is a panel segment with 4 other hosts besides her but I only knew one of them, Lance Bass who used to be in the group NSYNC. Sally told me that this part hadn’t been added to the 2nd season and that she didn’t really care for it.

  Meredith’s cute little doggie was roaming around the studio during part of the show. He got close to us at one point. I wish that I could remember his name and that I had gotten a picture of him. You were only allowed to snap shots before and after the taping.

   She came up into the audience at the end of the show and was hugging people. Both Sally and I received a hug from her. I think that she might have even given me a kiss on the cheek. That seemed sort of surreal. She seems like a very nice lady.

   I did a lot of walking with Sally which was kind of tiring but what was even more exhausting was the socializing that I did. Naturally, I felt anxious and also like I was putting on an act during this. It is so pathetic that something so basic is always hard for me to do.

   Amy and Sharon would say that I did a good job of this. I can semi-agree with them. The day certainly turned out to be fun and also different from what I had expected. I am glad that I was able to motivate myself into going into the city.

   I still can’t help being mad at myself for not catching the earlier train though. I know- I have to try to let that go. I am dreading checking my email because I had entered to win a VIP pass for this special Wrangler event. I will be even more upset if I had indeed won this and could have been really close to him.

   I wish that I hadn’t been too afraid to go see Wrangler one or more other times, especially when he was a puppy. Amy is just going to tell me not to do the “if only” thing. That is so difficult in many cases particularly because of my defective brain problem.

   I didn’t get home until around 5:07. I was feeling so nervous when driving from the train station because there was already a lot of cars on the road. I prayed that I wouldn’t get into an accident.

   Mike was asleep on the couch. He woke up shortly after I ate my dinner. I showed him my photos and told him about the Meredith hug. We watched some of the Indian Wells tennis tournament. His constant talking, my tired brain, and wandering thoughts made it hard to focus on this though.
 
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...