Tuesday, April 28, 2020


April 27, 2016- The Band Perry and More

I am glad that I didn’t wimp out of going to see the “Today” show mini concert of The Band Perry on the Plaza this morning. I had to take my brother’s Metro card though because I didn’t have time to add to mine then. I must have just missed the subway. I had to wait 15 minutes for the next one. I got to the studio by 5:40.

   They did a sound check of 3 songs but only performed 2 of them during the show. “Live Forever” was one. I don’t know why they didn’t do the 3rd song. I am just happy that we did get to see this even though it was just in sound check. I am so upset that I can’t remember if it was “Done” or “Better Dig Two” that got left out. I hate my poor memory.

   It might have been the former, the one that I like more. Whatever. It was a good performance that I really enjoyed. I didn’t even know the first names of the Perry siblings in this group until I looked them up tonight. They are Kimberly, Neil and Reid.  I had been meaning to do so for a long time. Janet, the lady who was hanging out with, didn’t know either which made me feel less stupid.

   Janet had her 12 year old daughter with her. They are from New Jersey too; down the shore at exit 98. I told her that I am right next to exit 136. The three of us went over to the NBC Experience store afterwards to take part in the “Who Knew?” segment of the 10:00 hour of the show. Kathie Lee was there asking the questions that had an Olympic theme.

   Janet got picked as one of the 7 who got to answer these. Three got them right and received $100.00 each. Janet and the 3 others who didn’t won a signed copy of Kathie Lee’s CD.

   I heard a bit of DD’s song “Rio” being played before the trivia segment on the monitor. I hadn’t even thought about this song in regards to the Olympic site. I might have on some other occasion. Mike later told me that Natalie picked this one as her song of the day during the 9:00 “Today’s Take” hour.

   We stayed at the store to do a meet and greet/photo op with 2 female Olympic athletes who I have forgotten the names of. They left before I was done. I can’t help thinking that they might have thought that I was a little weird and wanted to get away from me.

   Just a small part of me is upset about this. I can’t believe that I actually asked them if I could tag along with them to the store in the first place. That is not normally something that I would do.

   They had a lot of Olympic athletes there because it is the 100 day countdown to that event in Rio. I haven’t really been interested in the Olympics for a long time, maybe like 1992. I always preferred the winter games. It was kind of cool seeing them though.

   The Paralympic athletes were over on our side a few times. The one had a companion doggie with her. I had never seen a standard poodle being used as one of those. I should have taken a picture of it. I shouldn’t have listened to the side of me that said that this wasn’t necessary.

   I got to see Hoda too. She came outside when The Band Perry was being interviewed. I was taking photos of her then. I should have mostly paid attention to the interview. I don’t even remember if it was audible or not. Maybe just some of it was. Perhaps if I hadn’t been focusing too much on Hoda I would know for sure. That was pretty foolish of me.



Hoda


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...