Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christmas 1982 - Atari


One of my favourite Christmas days because we got Atari and a few of the games - Kaboom, Freeway and Baseball. I also got Kenny Rogers greatest hits. I was very happy about these gifts. My friend Paula wondered why I wanted that. I shouldn't have been ashamed about this back then. I still have a little shame about music that I like, maybe that incident is part of the reason why.

Other games that we had - Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Pitfall, Barnstorming, Stampede, Asteroids, Combat and Dolphin. Our cousin Mary had Fishing Derby and Atlantis. My brother really liked Atlantis. We eventually gave our Atari to her. I was never that good at video games. Mark also had the hand held electronic games of Space Invaders and Football, which I think was Colecovision.



4 comments:

Chelly said...

Oh another great post. Love the pics you are sharing with us! Those video games take me back. Fun times. You have great taste in music and should never be ashamed of it. I have always loved country music, even as a kid. Kenny Rogers had some cool tunes back then. Good times :)

LaraAnn said...

Thanks. I should've put the 4th photo with me and my Benji stuffed animal in there too. I'm slowly getting over my shame of my musical tastes. Mom likes Kenny Rogers also and even was lucky enough to see him in concert in the mid 80s.

Pam said...

I think I got my Atari 2600 in 1982, too....maybe 1983. I got mine during spring/summer of either year, but what a great Christmas gift it must have been for you! I had all of the games that you mentioned.

LaraAnn said...

Pam- We were suprised and pleased that Dad actually let mom get this for us. The Activision games like Freeway were the best. Sometimes I wish that we still had this. I know that they have some of the games on modern video game systems but it's just not the same.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...