Sunday, May 2, 2010

Favourite 70's songs

I was listening to Saturday night 70's last night and really enjoying this. It got me to thinking about other songs that I like from that decade. They are mostly mellow and some country crossovers. This list is in no order of preference.

1. Knock Three Times - Tony Orlando & Dawn
2. Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) - The Temptations
3. Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver
4. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
5. I'll Be Around - The Spinners
6. (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want to Be Right - Luther Ingram
7. Before The Next Teardrop Falls- Freddie Fender
8. Lonesome Loser - Little River Band
9. Let Your Love Flow - Bellamy Brothers
10. I'd Really Love To See You Tonight - England Dan and John Ford Coley
11. You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine - Lou Rawls
12. Use Ta Be My Girl - The O' Jays
13. Here You Come Again - Dolly Parton
14. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
15. Fire - Pointer Sisters
16. After The Love Has Gone - Earth, Wind & Fire
17. Reunited - Peacher & Herb
18. The Devil Went Down To Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band
19. The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
20. You Are The Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder
21. My Life - Billy Joel
22. Sail On - The Commodores
23. How Much I Feel - Ambrosia
24. Nobody Does It Better - Carly Simon
25. I Love A Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbit
26. Smokey Mountain Rain - Ronnie Milsap
27. Do You Know the Way to San Jose - Dionne Warwicke
28. Back In Love Again - LTD
29. Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight & The Pips
30. Rhinestone Cowboy - Glenn Campbell

I'm pretty sure that 19, 25 and 26 are the 70's. I should look this up in my Billboard book but I don't feel like going into the basement for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least five of those tunes are on my karaoke rotation. Good stuff.

LaraAnn said...

Glad that you like these. I did look up a few of them in my Billboard book and found out that I Love A Rainy Night and Smokey Mountain Rain are from 1981 and that Do You Know The Way To San Jose? is from 1968.

Chelly said...

Great list. I love music from the 70s. What an awesome decade.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...