Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day


I had forgotten that I even had this decoration. We haven't really decorated for any holidays besides Christmas in a very long time. I have some good memories of being with the Kelly family on St Patrick's Day. The last time we did that was probably in 1994. They would have the traditional corned beef, cabbage and potatoes and Irish Soda Bread. The Quiet Man with John Wayne would be on the television. I haven't watched it since back then. We have that video and my brother keeps saying that we should watch it today but I don't really feel like it. Ireland is definitely on my top 10 list of places overseas to travel to.

1 comment:

Blast from the Past said...

Never did anything for this holiday myself except where green and pinch or get pinched.

I guess for all of us who don't drink, we should either have some green tea, or a shamrock shake from McDonald's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...