Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Handmade Dress




I did not even realize that my mom had kept a few of the dresses that she make me when I was a very little girl. I found them when looking through her keepsake totes last week. She used to have some of these things in a big cedar chest. I'm pretty sure the brand of it was Lane. I wish that she had not left it at the old apartment. She claimed that it would be too heavy for the movers. I am sure that they could have handled it. I remember looking in it only once when I was a kid but had forgotten exactly what was in it. I probably should have put this dress in a different place when taking a photo of it, the sheets kind of clash with the pattern of it. I look like I have a bowl haircut in that photo which I think is from 1972.

1 comment:

C. JoyBell C. said...

My mother used to make beautiful dresses for me, too, when I was a little girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...