Monday, March 7, 2011

Favourite Elvis Songs


This is one of about the 14 Elvis 45s that once were my Dad's but now my mom has because he took stuff from her during the divorce like the cuckoo clock that her mom got her in Germany so she just kept some of his records. She has a few of her own too. I remember my parents being upset when the heard on the radio that Elvis had died. I always enjoyed his Christmas and other albums that my parents played. Mom didn't even like him when she was younger but grew to like his music. A friend of Dad's brought back a little stone from Graceland for him. I'd like to go there someday.

1. Little Sister
2. Suspicious Minds
3. Kentucky Rain
4. Return to Sender
5. All Shook Up
6. (You're the) Devil in Disguise
7. Heartbreak Hotel
8. Don't Be Cruel
9. It's Now or Never
10. Crying In The Chapel
11. (Marie's the Name) His Latest Flame
12. Can't Help Falling In Love
13. She's Not You
14. Stuck On You
15. If I Can Dream

3 comments:

Blast from the Past said...

You gotta wonder if those are worth something. Of course, they're probably worth more to you as sentimental items, but it would be interesting to know.

My Dad has 2 cupboards full of old 78's - even the old red ones - and I'm curious to know if these are things that collectors are after or not...

LaraAnn said...

Now you've got me curious about the value of these 45s. I think that my mom might've taken them someplace in the early 90s and the guy said that they weren't worth much then but maybe he didn't know what he was talking about or perhaps the value has changed by now. I definitely will be keeping them though.
Mom has some Rosemary Clooney 78s. I remember the old, heavy portable record player that these could be played on and wish that she still had it. What kind of 78s does your Dad have? The red ones sound cool.

Blast from the Past said...

I think that all of his are from the '40s and '50s. I probably won't be to his house until this summer, but I'm planning on taking a look at them then.

I just remember that while the majority of the records are black, there were quite a few that were bright red. I'll plan on taking some photos when I see them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...