Thursday, December 3, 2020

Bon Jovi Concert Memories- 2000-2007- Part 3

 Saturday July 29, 2006- Giants Stadium

My driving anxiety was very high that day. I was so happy when I saw that Stadium and was almost there. I pictured JBJ telling me that it’s going to be alright during the drive there. Their “Who Says You Can’t Go Home” song was on the radio then.

   Two girls invited me to hang out with them and their guy friend in the parking lot. The guy adjusted the bass on my car stereo so it sounds better now. They offered me a drink but I don’t like alcohol so I said no. A friend of theirs who arrived later said that I was brave for driving there after I told her about my driving anxiety. She said that she would do anything for JBJ.

   They all thought that I was younger than I actually am which made me feel good.

    A water balloon was thrown and when it burst my glasses got a little wet. I wanted to wipe them off but my idiot side wouldn’t let me. Why was I thinking that they would be okay? When I got home I noticed that they were a bit spotty so this must’ve spoiled my view somewhat during the show. I can’t do a damn thing right.

  I also shouldn’t have listened to the one girl who said that the opening act, Nickelback, wouldn’t start until 8:00. I know that these acts usually begin at between 7:00 and 7:20 and thanks to me not listening to my smart side I missed 2 or 3 of their songs. I didn’t get to my seat until around 7:30 after using the bathroom.

   I had lied to my brother telling him that I was going to a Huey Lewis & the News concert at PNC because I didn’t want him teasing me and saying that I’m obsessed with Bon Jovi.  I was also afraid that he might be kind of mad at me for not asking if he wanted a ticket to this event.

   It turned out that the people that I had hung out with were in the same row as me, further down. The one girl stood next to me after she returned from the bathroom and asked if she could borrow my binoculars during one of my favorite songs,” Have a Nice Day”.

   I was worried that she might drop them and they would break. My brother would be so mad if that happened. She gave them back to me after 30 seconds but it seemed much longer than that. All that worrying and wanting to get a closer view of Jon myself took away from my enjoyment of this song.

   I felt foolish for dancing around/swaying to the music during “It’s My Life”,” Bad Medicine” and part of “Livin’ On a Prayer”. I also sang along during part of that” Home” song. It’s okay for everyone else to do such things at concerts but it never feels right for me.

   I was thinking “He’s such a ham” and “Such a nice smile” about Jon during the show.

   Afterwards, I was feeling really anxious because I couldn’t find my car. I was waiting in it for at least an hour so that the traffic would die down and I wouldn’t be as stressed out about the drive home.  Further anxiety occurred when a firework exploded nearby. I screamed. I had my radio on. One of the songs that played was “Stairway to Heaven”.

  Mom was spaced out from overdoing it on her meds before and after the concert so I was feeling angry and upset about this. It’s hard not to let that affect my memories of these events. They always seem to stand out more than the good times that I’ve had at them.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...