Saturday, December 5, 2020

Bon Jovi Concert Memories 2000-2007- Part 4

November 4, 2007 – Prudential Center, Newark, NJ

They were doing 10 shows at this new venue. I overheard the girl on line in front of us saying that she had purchased tickets for 7 of them. That definitely seems kind of obsessive. Were they all for her or some for just friends?  We had craptastic seats all the way to the side of the stage. I’m just glad that we even were at this event despite this.

    I bought the tour book which was $30.00, the most I’ve ever paid for one of theirs. Mike talked to a guy from Sweden when we were on line for that before the show. He got ice cream from the Carvel stand. I was still feeling a little sick. It was stupid that I didn’t take off my jacket; it was feeling kind of warm there. I was also beating myself up for not putting the binocular case behind me. The seats are small and the space between rows is narrow at this venue.

   Daughtry was the opening act. I knew 4 of the songs.  We had to stand during “Livin’ on a Prayer” because the people in front of us were doing so and blocking our view. “Lost Highway” was the first song and” I’ll Sleep When I’ m Dead “the last one. Mike was doing a song count – 22. We had a really good time.

   It was embarrassing when my brother yelled out “We love you, Bon Jovi” during one point of the show. I was happy that JBJ would sometimes come over to our side of the stage so I got a great view of him then.  Mike teased me for using the binoculars a lot and for singing and swaying to some of the music.

   It’s such a relief being able to take the train to concerts which is why I like when they are in the city and now here. There is way too much stress driving to them.  If they had one going to the Meadowlands we probably would have gone to many more events there. Well not a whole lot because of financial reasons but definitely more. 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...