Sunday, December 13, 2020

Chiller Theatre Show- October 28, 2017- Part 2

 

Tony didn’t get any autographs. He was going to get Linda Miller’s as Mike had done but changed his mind. He did purchase a dragon figure. Mike bought a Pops figure, Sara Jane from “Doctor Who”. I didn’t get anything from the vendor’s area. I did see a Castiel from “Supernatural” Pops figure but it cost too much for me. I have 4 Doctor Who ones that were gifts. I better not get into this collectible like I did with beanie babies- I regret spending so much on those!

  Once again, part of me was wishing that I could have attended the “Supernatural” convention in Secaucus. I think that it was earlier this month. They already have plans for another one there next year. That is way beyond my budget, however. I was curious about the cost of the gold package- for the whole weekend and a bunch of perks- is nearly $1,000.00.  I told Mike about this and we both agree that this is insane.

  We went to the Chinese Buffet afterwards for dinner. I feel uneasy about this type of place but did my best to make the healthiest choices that I could, except for the ice cream. Tony had some mint chocolate chip which is my favorite flavor so I did too. If I hadn’t snacked on 2 of Mike’s chocolate chip cookies earlier, I wouldn’t have felt as bad about this.

  Mike was telling Tony about the Winter Con in Queens on December 2. Five stars from “Buck Rogers” and four from “Blade Runner” are going to be there. Tony seemed a little interested in the latter but he probably will be busy working that day. Mike said that he would pay for my ticket so I suppose that I will go with him.

   He ordered the DVDs of “Buck Rogers” and wants me to watch it with him. I told him that I will do so; we used to have fun watching this show and” Battlestar Galactica” together when we were kids. We recently saw an episode of the latter in which Randolph Mantooth was one of the guest stars.

  He is hoping that they have a 40th anniversary reunion of the Battlestar”’ people next year at either Chiller or Winter Con. That would be nice. He met a couple of them at other shows. I am glad that I got to see Richard Hatch at one with him in 2008. He passed away sometime this year. I met the guy who played Boomer like 17 years ago. Both actors were nice. My brother is more into this show than I am, obviously. I found out that my therapist liked it too.

   I kind of regret not getting up enough courage to attend a few of the other Chiller Theatre shows. I was too anxious to go with Tony and Mike because Dad was with them. I missed out on seeing some “Love Boat”, “Happy Days”, and “Star Trek- TNG “actors then. I somehow got up enough nerve this time even though he was originally going to join us. I am such a bad girl for feeling relieved that I didn’t have to interact with him. God must be really displeased with me because of this.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...