Friday, December 11, 2020

Chiller Theatre Show- October 28, 2017- Part 1

 

This was such an exhausting day, both physically and mentally. The place was crazy crowded so I was feeling pretty anxious. Somehow, I got through all of this madness. I guess that it was worth it. Part of me would have rather been at home watching the tennis though.

   Pop didn’t come with us because he still isn’t feeling well. Tony got the “Leave It to Beaver” stars, Tony Dow and Jerry Mathers, autographs for him. We don’t know why he wanted to spend even more money on them signing his DVD of that show; it was the same expensive price for this, no deals like some stars.

   Mike and I went to the room that Randolph Mantooth was in first. Luckily, it wasn’t crowded in there yet. Mike showed him the Halloween 1976 photos that I had printed out. That was the year that he was dressed as a fireman, with the Emergency! helmet and megaphone. I didn’t really hear what Mr. Mantooth said about this; I was too nervous about getting his autograph to notice.

   I can’t even remember if I said hello to him or not before he asked my name. I spelled it out- was that really necessary, maybe he did hear me correctly after all. I had my photo taken with him as Mark had- the price wasn’t bad, otherwise we wouldn’t have done so. I said thank you to him twice throughout this encounter. I feel stupid for doing that. I should have said “Have a nice day” or “It was nice meeting you”.

   The line for Robert Fuller was long so we decided to wait until later to go back to that. Mike hadn’t been sure if he wanted to get his autograph or not; I kind of talked him into it. He was still upset that the other “Emergency!” star, Kevin Tighe, wasn’t there. Geez, he was more into this show than I even realized.

   Other stars that we saw- 3 each from “Sanford and Son” (the 2 cops and Rollo), “Land of the Lost”, and “Little House on the Prairie” (those who played Nellie, Carrie, and Almonzo); 4 from “Charles in Charge”, including Willie Ames; some from the wrestling world- Mean Gene Okerlund and Nikolai Volkoff,; Lou Diamond Phillips, Charlene Tilton, Larry Storch, Todd Bridges, and Barry Williams. I was thinking about Sharon when I saw the latter because she loves “The Brady Bunch”.

   There was a room with music stars but I didn’t really know any of them. Melissa Manchester wasn’t in there with them. I think that she was in the room with a guy from “The Sopranos”. I would have to check the program booklet. Tony Danza was in his own private room so unless you waited on the line to get his autograph, you couldn’t even see him.

  When we did return to Mr. Fuller’s line, the lady told us that in 15 minutes he would be going to do a panel and wouldn’t be back until about 3 p.m. We waited and prayed that we would get to meet him before he left but the person before us was the last to do so. If we hadn’t gone out to put our coats in the car and have a snack, we would have been just in time.

   We decided to go to that panel. The one before this was running a bit late so we waited on line. We found out 15 minutes later when we were about to go in the room that it was for fan club members only. We had like 45 minutes to kill so we went to see some of the stars that had been out on breaks and gaze at others again.

   Mr. Fuller’s panel must have been running late too- he go back to his table about 3:15. Mike was chatting with him a bit, mentioning that he had met his friend Robert Pine at a previous show. He seemed happy to hear this. I wasn’t as nervous talking to him and even shook his hand as Mike did. My brother also had done this with Mr. Mantooth earlier. I could barely look at him so no way would I have been able to shake his hand, unless he had held his out first- it would have been rude and strange not to reciprocate.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...