Saturday, November 28, 2020

Bon Jovi Concert Memories- 2000-2007- Part 2

 Monday November 28, 2005 – MSG, NYC

I was really excited about seeing them at the Garden for the first time. I went to Macy’s beforehand as I always do when attending concerts in the city. I bought 2 sweaters, one of them my favorite color, purple and 2 pairs of gold tone earrings.

   I talked to a nice girl in the souvenir stand line. I should have asked where she and her husband were from. Their accent sounded Australian, but they could’ve been from New Zealand – aren’t these 2 similar? They saw the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building.

   Someone asked me to take a picture of him and his friends like at the DD concert here earlier this year. I hope that it came out okay in both instances.

   During the very first song I did not see Jon on the stage and was wondering why he would be singing this backstage. My idiot brain didn’t even think to look around the Garden for him. When I looked down at the floor level in front of me I saw him walking past heading for the stage. I am pretty sure that he had been all the way at the other end of this place during this performance. I’ll never forgive myself for this incident of sheer stupidity.

   At one point during the show a girl in front of me called him fucking hot which I was laughing about on the inside. There was a girl on stage who did some inappropriate touching of him – her hands went down the front of his legs.

   Jon was straight across from my section with the crowd around him during “Blaze of Glory”.  I guess he was standing on a platform type thingy. Jon and Richie sang “I’ll Be There for You” together. “Wanted Dead or Alive” was the last song.

    The screens weren’t working sometimes and the top of them were a little blocked from my viewpoint. I used the binoculars a lot. Was it too much?  This and not enough is always an issue for me at concerts. Mike would have said that I was overusing them, that’s for sure.  I pressed them up too close up against my glasses. I think that my headache was from this. Perhaps I shouldn’t have done so, but if I hadn’t maybe I wouldn’t have held them as steady. What a ridiculous thing to be reflecting upon.

    I was wishing that I could see them again at CAA as a birthday treat but I’m never lucky at getting a ticket for their concerts at that venue because they sell out quickly.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...