Friday, September 11, 2020

May 31, 2008- Duran Duran in Central Park


Mike and I looked in a few places like the Swatch store and Virgin Megastore before going to the park. I can’t believe that we actually walked there.

   I saw Stacey on the line but felt too anxious to talk to her. I heard a girl mentioning how she had seen DD in Vegas and Connecticut this year.

   The security guard was telling my brother and others not to run when they let us in. My brother had just been walking swiftly. We managed to get into a center, 4th row spot. The girl next to us had bought a necklace from the souvenir stand.

   A few upsetting things did occur during this show which are unfortunately more vividly in my memory than the good stuff. A girl in front of me had on a backpack and I was being hit by this occasionally. The girl next to me was dancing around a lot and also bumped into me sometimes, esp. during the first 5 songs.

   It started raining lightly during one of my favorite songs, “Planet Earth”. This lasted for about 4 more songs. I put my dorky rain hat on.

   I was wishing that I had remembered to wear my cap. I reminded my brother to do so. If I had, then my glasses wouldn’t have gotten wet. When I was wiping them off, I was so worried that I would drop them and they would be stepped on and broken.

   They did a bonus song, “The Chauffeur” which was good.  I wish that I could remember more about their performance.

     Roger handed his drumstick to a girl in the front row. Another girl got injured when the drummer from the opening act, Your Vegas, threw his drumstick out into the crowd.

   I was feeling so confused and upset when we had trouble finding the subway station. I was so relieved when we finally did. I was very tired and headachy at that point.  

   I brought the binoculars again just in case we wound up further back in the crowd. It was stupid that I stood on the case yet again; can’t I ever learn my lesson. Mike looked displeased when he saw me doing so.

   I am so glad that I had gone to the show the night before; I was able to enjoy myself much more then. I wish that I could have had a great time at this one too. Not that it was a totally terrible experience. It is always a pleasure to see them and I got to be close to them again. I doubt that I will be that lucky in the future.


Tour Book




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...