Tuesday, September 1, 2020


Duran Duran- December 14, 2008- Wellmont Theatre

I spent a lot of money for the cab fare for this event- $90.00. That was even more than the ticket price. I was just too afraid to drive to Montclair. I didn’t even think to look into the public transportation situation. Maybe there is a train station near this venue.
  
   I bought my first digital camera the day before this event. I have never brought a camera to a concert before so I don’t know what made me want to do so this time. I am wishing that I hadn’t. I was going snap happy with it.
   
   This sort of took away from my total enjoyment of the music. I am not good at multi-tasking which is what it felt like I was trying to do. The battery had died before the last 4 or 5 songs.
  
   I didn’t even realize how much overboard I went until looking at the shots later; I took more at this event than I did during my trips to Switzerland and Germany. That is pretty bad.
  
   I went to a used bookstore before getting on the line. I got a book about dream interpretation there. I mentioned this to the two girls in front of me. They thought that it was cool that I have lots of DD dreams.
   
   The couple behind me, a Greek guy and Hungarian girl, were nice. They met at an airport after a DD concert. He told me that they were going to a club in the city that Roger Taylor would be doing his DJ thing at. He said that I should go too. Part of me was interested but mostly that just isn’t my scene, not even when a DD guy is a part of it.
   
   He also mentioned that he likes the group The Killers and that they would be going to a show of theirs soon. Or was it that they had been at one recently?
   
   I was on that line for nearly 3 hours. I was able to get in about a 3rd row position, to the left, naturally.  The two girls next to me were from PA.
   
   I was so happy that they performed “Is There Something I Should Know?” I had never seen this at a concert before and was praying that they would do it.  I like “The Valley” off of the new album.
   
   I saw Stacey in the front row. She let me borrow her cell phone to call the cab company. I told her about the dead camera battery. She said that she always has a spare one with her.
   
   I can’t remember what kind of shirts that Simon and John changed into before the encore. I had wanted to take a photo of this. I am pretty sure that John still had on his armband.
   
   The one girl who was talking to Stacey and me was so excited about the fact that Roger gave her his drumstick. She had such a sparkle in her eyes when she was talking about him.
  
   While I was waiting for the cab outside, I talked to a couple of people, a Goth girl who said that she liked my earrings and a lady who was walking her Bichon Frise. I just had to pet that cute doggie.
  
   Some people wanted to hang around outside the theater with hopes of seeing the DD guys when they left it. I don’t think that I would ever be interested in doing that.
   
   I told Charles, the cab driver, that I had been at a concert. He asked me who I had seen. I told him but also mentioned that I was feeling ashamed to admit this. He said that I shouldn’t be. I know, but I just can’t seem to get over this feeling regarding that group.
   
   It is kind of ridiculous that I saw this show as a birthday treat, a week early. I am sure that other fans would not be ashamed to think and/or say such a thing. Some might even think I am strange for being embarrassed about liking Duran Duran.
   
   I gave my Buffy a big hug when I got home. This made me feel a little bit better about my screw up. I didn’t think of the fact that seeing a camera flash going off so much during a show might be annoying to the performers on stage.
  
   I hope that I at least got some good photos out of this. That might make me feel a little less mad at myself for going bonkers with my new camera. I want to take some pictures of my sweet spaniel tomorrow. She is much cuter than the DD guys anyhow.











Buffy


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...