Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Stuffed Animal Collection 1


These are some of the stuffed animals that I had as a kid. They were always my favourite toy to play with. I would give them all names, personalities and families. My brother and friend Kim would also sometimes join in on the storylines that we'd create for them. I even wrote a few short stories with some of them and famous people in them. I reread these like 10 years ago - they are pretty bad. I foolishly got rid of many of these animals. I still am not sure why I kept my Barbies which I didn't like as much and not all of my beloved animals. I still have that bear with the eye patch - Poochie Weiners. He was originally a first holy communion gift from grandma to Mark which probably explains why he is in such bad condition. My animals were always looked fair or good. I do have most of the animals from the top photo on the left except for the peach Friend Care Bear and the Gund polar bear. I also have the raccoon in front, the ducks and gingerbread man that Grandma Wrunski made, the little brown dog, frog, light tan bear on the top shelf which was like my first stuffed animal and the brown bear with the pajama bottoms from the other top photo. I'm pretty sure that I gave those 2 Cabbage Patch Kids to mom. We had others but sold them for like only $5. 00 each at flea markets. I would trade in most of my beanie babies collection just to have them all back if I could, as silly as that sounds.

7 comments:

Chelly said...

Lara Ann, I love your stuffed animal collection. Oh how I loved them as a little kid. I never had many but enough to play for hours on end. I must say Poochie Weiners is such a cute name! I named my little puppy stuffed animal "Woof Woof" and my little mouse doll, "Mousey". Those names make me chuckle now. :)

C. JoyBell C. said...

I can't believe that you named your first holy communion bear "Poochie Weiners" ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's funny, makes me laugh! How are you? And how have you been? I have missed you! It's so nice to be visiting your blog again! I like the photos of your stuffed toys, they are reminiscent of all our childhoods! :)

How are you on this beautiful day of love? :) Do you have a special Valentine? :) I wish you much beautiful love, to you and to your loved ones, as well! Today is also the day of my GREAT REVEAL, I have unveiled my new novella today! I am thrilled and excited, and I hope that you can support me by purchasing a copy of my book once it is available for ordering! ♥

Enjoy this beautiful day of love, and I look forward to seeing you over at my blog, again soon! Au revoir!

LaraAnn said...

Chelly - Thank you so much. I forgot to mention that I still have Poochie and his best friends Seamore Otter and Cinnamon Koala. Your Woof Woof and Mousey sound adorable. It is nice knowing someone who shares my love of stuffed animals.

C- I've been doing okay. I hope that you are well. Glad you enjoyed this post. Congrats on your novella. My financial situation isn't good now but perhaps if it improves I can purchase it. I hope that you are having a good Valentines Day too. I will be visiting your blog very soon. Thanks for stopping by.

Blast from the Past said...

LaraAnn -

I had a few stuffed animals - being a guy, I wasn't prone to keep them, nor did I have very many. If this is just the remnant of your collection, you must have had a lot of them!

While I know they obviously would have had sentimental value to you, I wonder if any of them might have been rare and worth some money.

Great post!

LaraAnn said...

Darryll- Some of them are my brother's and eventually I kept some of his too. I only have about a third of the ones in these photos. I do have others which I'll be doing future posts on. I appreciate your nice comment.

Pam said...

Bennie babies! I remember when these were the hottest things...going for big bucks on eBay. Now I look back and ask why? I only own a few and most of them are tucked away in storage. I'd love to sell them but I know no one on eBay would want them today.

Nice collection by the way!

LaraAnn said...

Pam - I'm glad that you like my old collection. Mom and I have tons of beanie babies now and like you said they aren't worth much of anything, they were included in the list of top 10 worthless collectibles. I wish that I could remember the others, I believe one was Cabbage Patch Kids. I hope that you have a great weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...