Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Ginger


We went to the animal shelter one day in 1979 and saw the cutest puppy. She was being picked on by the other puppy in the cage with her. We fell in love with her immediately and took her home with us. My grandma was the one who gave her the name Ginger. She looks a little like Benji. She was such a wonderful dog and mom says that she was definitely my girl. She always comforted me when I was feeling sad. She would sit next to me and give me little kisses to make me feel better. We don't have that many pictures of her - these are just a few of maybe about 15. No puppy ones. She was only in our lives for about 7 years. She got sick and my dad wouldn't even pay to find out what was wrong with her. It might've just been just an infection that meds would have cleared up. I still miss here even after all this time - it will be 25 years in October since she was put to sleep. I wrote about her when I first started this blog but didn't know how to add pictures back then.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...