Friday, October 2, 2020

October 24, 2012-More JT Book Signing Stuff


I really wish that Mike could have come with me into the city last week. I would have been much less tense and things would’ve worked out better, I’m sure. He seriously was planning on doing so until his dislocated shoulder injury occurred but even then it seemed like he was going to schedule his therapy appointment around JT Day. There’s no sense in dwelling on what could have been though.

   I told Sharon that I have a perfect picture of me and Regis Philbin from the mid-1980s but a not-so- great one of me with Mr. Taylor. Why can’t this be the opposite? I didn’t even want my picture taken with Regis; Dad is the one that made me do so which is majorly embarrassing.

   Maybe if I had moved a little closer to bassist guy then the picture would be fine despite my forgetting to take it off of zoom. Sharon said that camera guy should have known to do so and not to blame myself.

   Yikes, I was afraid to get any nearer to Mr. Taylor. Other people did; I saw those pics on DD’s FB page. I already felt like I was invading his personal space even where I was standing.

   Mike and Mom don’t seem to respect my personal space which is very irritating as is the fact that they always make it seem like I’m the weird one for wanting this. Sometimes she claims that she isn’t even close to me when she actually is- her spatial perception has been awful for years now.

    Either green sweater girl or her friend said that it looks okay and just to get it in TruPrint  which I usually do anyhow but even the Walgreens site has messed up some of my photos, like one of Anna at the 2008 Wellmont show and a few of Brad Paisley.

   I should be a thoughtful person and send Lori and Lana my JT pictures. They seem like nice girls. If I were normal I would probably like to have friends like these.

   I haven’t even touched my 2 JT books; they are still in the bags and on top of my tote. I want to just keep them in the bags even when I store them inside of one of these but part of me is wondering if doing so will mess them up somehow; I sure hope not. I’m too embarrassed to ask Amy or Sharon about this.

   I am pretty sure that green sweater girl said that Simon is her favorite. She told me that Kenny Rogers had also been at this bookstore but that he couldn’t do a signing because he has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which I already knew about. Mom and her friend Pat saw him in concert in the mid-1980s. I was a little jealous of them, especially because Dolly Parton was there performing “Islands in a Stream” with him.

    I just remembered something else about that day in Ridgewood. A couple of the girls had gone to a nearby deli for takeout lunch and must have mentioned this event to the employees. One of them came over to the line and was taking people’s orders then delivering them.

  Mike is going to the Chiller Theatre Event next weekend. He will get to meet his Samantha Fox there. You have to pay extra to get your picture taken with the stars at that which I’m sure that he will do in this case. I bet that it will come out perfectly unlike the one of me and JT. I definitely will be jealous and beating myself up even more about that.

   He actually asked me what he should say to Samantha. You are asking the wrong person, brother. I did a very poor job of talking to bassist guy.

   I didn’t even ask him how he was doing; how rude of me. He was nice enough to ask me this at the NYC signing. And I really should have said “Enjoy the rest of your day” too. I’m so sorry, Mr. Taylor.

   I had that feeling of not belonging there amongst those diehard fans. Maybe many of them would have thought that I was kind of weird for not following them in the 80s. Wait; does this make it sound like they are part of a DD cult?

   One girl said that her husband used that cult reference a few times to her – this was either at the DD Megabash that I still can’t believe that I actually went to or one of the concerts; probably the former.

   A part of me does want to join that DD fan site again, not the more expensive membership though. But I never truly felt like I was a part of this “club” those 2 years when I was in it, just like when I was a Girl Scout, but it did feel a little good to be a member of both.


Ridgewood

NYC

1986




Samantha Fox- 1980s

Internet photo- Samantha Fox, from an article in the Guardian.














 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...