Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Even More Toys and Childhood Fun- Part 2

Our Mom’s friend Helen J. gave us some of her son’s old toys, including a couple of car racing tracks; one set was light blue and the other was orange. My brother had a black and silver set too but this was made of a rubbery type material, not hard plastic.

   Grandma-at-the-Farm got us the kid’s edition of Trivial Pursuit one Christmas. I was not that great at the regular one; entertainment was my best category. We also have a few other editions and the M*A*S*H trivia game.

   I have been looking at photos of toys and other retro 1970s and 1980s stuff on the internet lately. This has been fun. It is also reminding me of items that I had not really thought much about for a long time, like our neighbor’s croquet set. We played this a couple of times with their grandkids, Cindy and Jessica. I am sure that we weren’t really following the official rules though.

   Some people might think that such reminiscing is kind of foolish. It is nice that Sharon and I enjoy sharing our childhood memories. I sent her one of my Toys and Childhood Fun photo documents which she liked a lot. She wishes that she still had many of her toys and other things or even just photos of them. I feel the same way about this.


































 



The only photo from the internet is the race cars and tracks.




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...