Friday, October 9, 2020

Dreamtime- April 29, 2012- Family and John Taylor

                                                                                                              

Mom, Mike, and I were visiting Aunt Ann and Cousin Missy. Our other cousins, Jen and her daughters Terry and Mandy, were also there. We all looked as we did in the early 1990s.

   In this reality, our small town was pretty close to her house, about a 15 minute walk. It is really an hour’s drive away. When I was a kid, I used to wish that we could visit her more. Dad didn’t seem to like taking us there.

   Mike and I were playing Clue with Missy, Terry, and Mandy in the dining room. Mom, Aunt Ann, and Jen were in the kitchen talking about crafts.

   When I looked out the glass sliding doors in the rec room, I saw a man who looked like John Taylor in the backyard. His appearance was circa 1987. He knocked on the door. I ran over to it and let him in.

   He asked me where he was and said that he had been in NYC only 30 seconds earlier. At first, I was kind of afraid to tell him that he was in a holodeck program. Maybe he would even think that I was crazy.

   Surprisingly, he wasn’t too freaked out when I told him this. Would the real JT be this calm about being abducted?  He asked me how long he would be here. I said that I wasn’t sure but that once he was returned to Earth it would be as if no time had gone by.

   I said that I would tell my family that he was a friend of mine. None of them knew who he really was anyhow.

   He sat next to me at the table. Mandy started talking about her favorite group, New Kids on the Block. Mike said “My sister really loves Duran Duran”. I was pretty embarrassed about that.

   A little later, Terry whispered to me “He’s cute” about John. I smiled and was laughing a bit on the inside too.  

  John went with me when I drove to Rosarios to pick up our pizzas. After that meal, I asked him if he wanted to take a walk to my town. He said yes. My brother and cousins were watching a movie then.

   Once there, I noticed that an ice skating rink had been set up by the store. It was late May and the temps were in the high 60s so this was very odd.

   I told him that I used to love watching figure skating from the late 70s to the early 90s. I also said that I had the Dorothy Hamill hairstyle in the late 70s.

   We stayed there watching a couple of people skating for a few minutes then continued our walk. At one point, I tripped over a crack in the pavement. John caught me before I could fall. I thanked him for this.

    That’s how this strange storyline ended, unfortunately. It would have been nice if I could have shown him my music collection at my apartment. Also, maybe one or more of my doggies would have been there which would have made me even happier than I already was.

Duran Duran- JT- top, center

New Kids on the Block

Rosarios' Pizza

Dorothy Hamill


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...