Friday, October 16, 2020

April 11- Even More Toys and Childhood Fun

 

I was looking at photos of my brother and me, spotting the various toys in some of them. I hadn’t even realized that we have one of us from 1971 playing with a Tupperware one; I think that it is called Shape O’ Ball. We also had the Busy Block set. You could interlock these and they came with little figures like animals. We might have had the Zoo-It-Yourself plastic animal set (elephant, dog, and giraffe) too.

 The picture of my brother sleeping with his race car is one of my favorites. I am pretty sure that we also used to have one of him sleeping in our green laundry basket in the mid-70s, but that must have been in his album, which he purged most of the photos from.

   Mom had let us each pick out childhood photos from her album, so we wound up with the best shots. I wish that he had just given them all back to her. We don’t have negatives from pre-1976 and some others too.

   We used to get some of our toys from Kiddy Mart on Rt. 1 in Linden. I am almost certain that our little kiddie pool and swing set came from there.

   We had a nice sled. I remember using it to go down the small hill that was a couple of houses away from ours. Maybe our parents took us elsewhere to go sledding too. We must have pulled each other around on it as well.

   Mom got me a mini rocking chair that I hadn’t really remembered until I saw a part of it in one of our photos. Mom was usually the one who picked out our presents. I can’t recall anything specific that just Dad gave to me. 

   We used a plastic penguin salt and pepper shaker set as a toy. Their names were Willie and Millie. Did they actually have these names on them or had we made them up? Was it weird that we played with them?


Tupperware









Note- Internet Photos- Kiddy Mart ad, 3 of the Tupperware toys, and Willie and Millie























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...