Monday, August 17, 2020

February 21, 2017- More Childhood Memories- Part 3


NYC
Mike was recently talking to Mom about the time that we went to NYC to see Regis Philbin on “The Morning Show “in the early 80s. He was mainly mentioning that Dad was a cheapskate that day. He took the 3 of us to lunch at Woolworths instead of trying to find a more unique place to eat. Mike remembers that he got a BLT sandwich. He seems to have a good memory for food related things.

Wildwood
Mike and I were reminiscing about our childhood vacations to Wildwood. He mentioned the tram cars on the boardwalk. I can still hear it’s prerecorded “Watch the tram car, please” message/warning in my head. He laughed when I said it aloud.
   
   Kathy and I had our pictures taken in one of the photo booths there. My brother stuck his hand into this thinking that we were still in it but two other people were by then. I wonder why we don’t have those photos anymore.
   
   Mike won his binoculars, Pink Panther pewter figures (I wish that he still had them), and a Walkman at one of the arcades. He used points from the games on them. We really enjoyed playing Skee-Ball there. Kathy and her Mom’s favorite was Fascination. I can’t remember what I won with my points. I do know that I never got as many as my brother and Kathy did.

Tram Car

Skee Ball

Fascination



                        
                        
The Van
Mike reminded me that we used to be driven to our grade school in a van for a year- or was it two? I am pretty sure that it was the same avocado green one that Miss K., our Girl Scout leader and 4th grade teacher, used when our troop went on trips. I can’t remember if it was her or someone else, like a classmates’ parent, who did the driving.
   
   Did the school or Miss K own this van?  There might have even been another similar one that was possibly owned by Miss M, our troops’ co-leader and my classmate’s mother.

1973 Ford Econoline Van

Note- photos from internet- tram car, Skee Ball, Fascination, and the van

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...