Sunday, August 23, 2020


December 24, 2015- Church

Mass was so boring. I would often daydream during it. I did like it at Christmas time though, esp. the songs. Mike and I were always embarrassed by our mom’s singing, which is kind of mean. Dad hated when we didn’t go to church anymore; 1986 was about the last year for the 3 of us.
   
   I didn’t really like doing that “Peace be with you” handshake thing during Mass. That’s what we said when we were doing this, right? It’s terrible that I don’t remember this for sure but that I have a vivid memory of that cute usher guy; he looked a little like NY Yankees pitcher Ron Guidry. God must be so displeased with me.
    
   My brother reminded me recently that he was an altar boy. I was afraid to ask him for how long. I don’t think that it was more than a year. He gets into anti- religious rants sometimes and fails to respect our beliefs, naturally. This is very upsetting to us.
   
   Mike and I were talking about Pope John Paul II yesterday. I mentioned the poster of him that he had won at our school’s carnival in the early 80s. We played a ring toss game with posters as prizes. I won a Bee Gees in the Sgt. Pepper’s movie one which I didn’t really want.  I still have the pin and bookmark of the Pope; he wishes that he had kept this poster.




Note- The Ron Guidry photo is from the internet. We used to have this; it was part of a booklet with all the Yankee players. I think that was the 1983 season. I wish that we had kept this and the Yankees yearbooks from 1983-1988. I sold the latter at a flea market.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...