Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Raccoon Collection



I used to collect raccoon stuff up until about the mid 90's. I still have most of the stuffed animals, knick- knacks, posters, pictures, Hallmark ornaments, a sweatshirt and other things. I have no space in this apartment to put most of this so they are in totes in the basement. Our old apartment had more room - my bedroom and a second living room were in the basement so I had plenty of room to display these things there. The ornament in this picture is from 1982. We started collecting Hallmark ornaments in 1980. We regret not keeping the boxes for them. We didn't start doing that until around 1994. The other picture is a page from my animals scrapbook.

My mom collected koalas and tigers then cardinals after her mom died - she kept some of the ones that grandma had. My brother collects Star Wars, Star Trek and the Frosty Friends ornament series. What types of things do you like to collect?


2 comments:

Blast from the Past said...

...You had some interesting collections, Lara! :)

LaraAnn said...

Thank you. I think that my grandma got me started on the raccoons like in 1978 or 1979 with a stuffed animal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...