Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Souvenier Patch Collection



I've been getting a bit overwhelmed with my post ideas - I have many but don't know which to pick some days. I will go with the souvenier theme because I so enjoyed seeing Darrin's Disneyland ones. His are cool compared to my kind of lame patches. I started collecting these in 1981 during my vacations and by the early 90's stopped getting these and would mostly buy postcards which I probably should've done in addition to patches all along. My plan had been to make a wall hanging of these. I was going to ask my mom to help me with this but over the years just kept putting it off until I decided to just buy special pages to put them in my scrapbook instead. These are just 2 of the 8 pages that I have and in the future will be posting more. Our 1983 Florida trip is my favourite vacation. I just noticed that my dolphin patch got a little cut off when I scanned it. My cousin Mary was into getting souvenier spoons and had a special holder for them hanging on the wall.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lame patches? HECK NO!! Those Disney patches ROCK! and succinctly.. are probably worth a pretty penny! Great stuff girlie!

Blast from the Past said...

Darrin's right - in fact, ALL of those patches rock! I vaguely remember seeing patches of things like this growing up. I'll have to paw through my old memories boxes and see if I have any of those! Very cool post!

LaraAnn said...

Thanks so much, guys - now I'm feeling better about my choice of souveniers.

Darrin - really - I'll have to look into that just out of curiosity. I honestly didn't think they'd be worth much now.

Darryll- If you do have any patches I hope that you find them. I'd love to see these too.

C. JoyBell C. said...

OMG, I didn't realize people still make these! And you collect them! Wow!!!!!! People still make these?? Amazing!! The last time I saw one for real, was about when I was eight years old! :)

I'm getting a feel that this is a vintage-themed blog, am I right? All the vintage photos and things...

Did you enjoy your new year celebrations much? I hope you did! A wonderful, beautiful New Year of 2011 for you, dear! thank you for visiting me often, I do appreciate your visits, much! :)

love,
CJoyBellC

LaraAnn said...

CJoyBellC - My New Year is starting out to be a pretty good one, thanks. I hope that this year will be spectacular for you. I am glad that you enjoyed my patch post and also am very greatful that you visit my blog. I do flashback to my childhood often here as well as other memories. It is a pleasure reading your posts as well and will be looking forward to more of them.
Lara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...