Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Bon Jovi Concert Memories- 2000-2007- Part 1

 Bon Jovi Concert Memories

Friday November 10, 2000- First Union Center, Philadelphia, PA

I was very excited about going to my first Bon Jovi concert. We weren’t able to get tickets for their show at the Continental Airlines Arena in the Meadowlands, NJ so Matt got us these. It was such a good show. We rented binoculars. He bought me the souvenir book.

  A couple of people in front of me were standing during a few songs which I didn’t feel like doing but now sort of wish that I had. I had to look around them which was annoying. “Livin’ on a Prayer” was one of the songs. I didn’t really look at the screen much which I’m also regretting.

 

Tuesday July 24, 2001- Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ

Mom had one of her bad hallucination episodes from overdoing it on her meds and had to be hospitalized before this. I didn’t use the binoculars at all. I probably wasn’t thinking straight because I was worrying about her and was mad that she did this.

   There were pretty lights in the background on the stage during “I’ll Be There for You”. A beautiful girl danced with Jon during part of” Bed of Roses”. Another girl touched him on the butt at one point during the show which was very inappropriate.

   I was feeling so ugly and also was ashamed that I was going a bit gaga over Jon, thinking that he is so damn cute. I definitely wanted to go to their Giants Stadium show after seeing this fantastic one. This was in 4 days but I was afraid that Matt would be mad at me if I got us tickets for it.

 

Saturday July 28, 2001- Giants Stadium, Meadowlands, NJ

I was afraid that Matt was mad at me for getting these tickets. He did seem a little annoyed and I was upset that he picked me up late and that he told me that his friends who he had been hanging out with actually had to remind him that he was supposed to be taking me to this concert that night. 

   We picked the tickets up at the will call (?) window at the box office. I missed part of Sugar Ray’s performance thanks to his lateness. We were in seats nearly in the top row of the stadium.

   A girl did the inappropriate touching of Jon’s butt at this show too. Matt and I were joking about this. They performed “Never Say Goodbye”, my senior prom song. During this I was afraid that Matt would get mad at me if I told him to stop touching my back which was feeling a bit sore from standing so much.

    I really got into “Bad Medicine” and “It’s My Life” which is semi embarrassing. There were fireworks at the end of the concert. It was being taped for a special on VH1 which we did watch. It looks like they might’ve filmed the 2 shows at this venue and used footage from both.

   Was part of the reason that I wanted to see them again so soon because I was mad at myself for not using the binoculars and looking at the screen during the Camden show? Perhaps, but mostly I wanted to have yet another enjoyable Bon Jovi experience. They put on such an excellent show.


Friday August 8, 2003- Giants Stadium

I worried that it might rain during this concert. Mike bought me the book. I had cigarette burn anxiety again because of the girl smoking next to me. The smoke was annoying too. She was moving her arms around a lot.

   Cell phone users were very distracting as was my brother a bit because he was asking some questions during part of the show. I was beating myself up, wondering if maybe I should have used the binoculars more and focused them better.

   Richie sang” I’ll Be There for You”. There were fireworks at the end of the concert. Jason Mraz and another guy were the opening acts.

















 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...