Friday, July 31, 2020


April 14- More DD in Brooklyn

 I can’t remember much about that concert except that I wish that I hadn’t made a total dance party out of it. My moves should have been kept to a minimum. I am really upset that my memories of their performance at the Sands show are even less. I must have had a good time at both of them.

   My head is spinning from the what- ifs of this event and some others. I should just let it go. Even Mike said “What’s done is done”. Gosh, it is so hard to forgive my stupidity in these type of matters.

   I have been attempting to give myself a positive message of “How was I to know that they were going to upgrade Mike’s ticket?” so I can just focus on the fact that I did have a great time during the show despite not being as near to the stage as we had hoped. My jealousy of Mike getting that opportunity is clouding over this though.

   Jenny told Mike how many DD shows that she has been to- 37 since 1987. He later told me that she is just too into this group which made me defend her. If he knew that I have been to 16 since 2000, I would hear the obsessed word about this.

  Looking back, I would have been like Jenny and just stuck mainly with going to DD concerts. I would rather have seen them more instead of many of the other performers, including Bon Jovi. She said that she would like to go to the Cure one that her parents are attending but DD is a priority. I am totally understanding of this.

   I was surprised that my brother said that he enjoyed Chic’s performance. He was also going around trying to sing “Wild Boys” off and on throughout the day. This isn’t really a DD song that I am fond of but when I see it done in person it is quiet exciting.

   A small part of me would have liked to seen and /or heard my brother’s reaction to the concert during it. We always have a good time at these events.

   I sort of would like to write more about this concert and about the Duran Duran topic but I am getting frustrated from having problems expressing myself in my journal.

   Lately, I haven’t had the creativity and desire to work on my dream project either, not even my DD related ones. I did write a bit about the one that I had a couple of weeks ago. I would love to be able to add to this. The details and ideas are stuck in my head though.

   I was at 3 concerts- 2 Duran Duran and 1 Sting and Peter Gabriel (who are actually touring together this year). They all were taking place in churches. These music artists talked to some of the fans in the audience beforehand.

   At one, I was watching Simon speak with a pretty blonde girl. I heard someone talking next to me. I looked over and saw John. I wasn’t even that nervous. I told him that I had been too anxious to talk to him at the album signing. I thanked him for signing my CD. If only I could’ve done so in reality.

   My brother was listening to the first 4 songs on that CD today. If Jenny knew that he has listened to it more than I have, she might not consider me to be a truly devoted fan. I like Paper Gods, I just haven’t been in the mood for it lately.

   I wonder if my brother noticed that I had the binoculars in a small tote bag instead of the case that it came with. I still haven’t told him that I accidentally left it behind in PA last August yet. It was damaged anyhow so I need to buy a new one. He will mostly be mad about the fact that the lens covers were still in it.

   I didn’t even use them at the CT show. They might have zoomed the DD guys in too much. I could have brought my digital camera with me to use as binoculars since the zoom isn’t as good. But then I might have been tempted to take photos and gone overboard with this again causing even more self-criticism in my mind.



 
Note- these photos are from the internet.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...