Thursday, July 30, 2020

April 13, 2016- Duran Duran in Brooklyn-Part 2
  
The show was absolutely wonderful. It was the same set list as Mohegan Sun. I am pretty sure that the order of the songs were the same. We did get a couple of special guests- Lindsay Lohan during “Danceophobia” and Kiesza during “Last Night in the City”. Naturally, Nile Rodgers was with them during “Pressure Off” and “Notorious”.

   Mike seemed disappointed that Janelle Monae wasn’t there during “Pressure Off”. I didn’t think that she would be but that would have been nice too. I know that he must have been going gaga over Anna. I teased him about this later. He said that he was, by the way.

   We didn’t get “The Reflex” which I was thinking that they might treat the NY audience to. I forget which shows did get to experience this super hit of theirs. I am okay with not hearing it, I suppose. I would much rather hear “Careless Memories”.

   We didn’t get home until around 12:45 a.m. I felt worried about Jenny having to drive back to PA so late at night. I did invite her to stay at our place but she said that she couldn’t. I told her to send me a message that she arrived there safely; thank goodness that she did.

   The train was packed during the ride home. Lots of DD and also David Gilmour (Mike forgot that he did a second show) people. There must have been some Mets fans too. We found out that they lost again.

   Mike and I stayed up until 2 a.m. eating our snack and watching “The Rockford Files.” It was a 2 part episode so I have to DVR the other one tonight. I thought that he had jury duty today so I tried waking him up at 6 a.m. but he told me that he didn’t have to go to this.

   Now, July 21 seems even further away to me because of the fact that I am eager to be close to DD again like I was fortunate enough to be 5 other times. It won’t be as near as any of those, especially because of that pit area, but row F is damn good.

   I just hope that Jenny is able to go. Her friend has the row D seats. Gosh, it is so pathetic that I am even jealous of her being just 2 rows ahead of me. Well, I don’t want to get too excited about it because I am already worrying that something might happen to prevent me from attending this concert or that it could be cancelled. I am praying that everything works out for the both of us.


 
Note- These 3 photos are from the internet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...