Wednesday, July 29, 2020


April 13, 2016- DD in Brooklyn- Part 1

I got to see Jenny again yesterday. She called me to ask if I was doing anything that night and I said no. She had won the Live Nation ticket contest that morning and asked me if I wanted to go. Of course, I accepted. Wow- two get-togethers with her in 8 days. This is unusual for a socially anxious freak like me.

   Mike went online and purchased a ticket after I told him about this. He seemed really excited about going to the concert with us.

   We were worried that we wouldn’t make it to the will call window in time. You had to be there before 7:00. Luckily, we arrived by 6:48. We had just missed the earlier 2 train by 30 seconds and had to wait around the subway station for 8 minutes for the next one which was making us feel very tense.

   I wasn’t going to bring the binoculars but had a strong feeling that we wouldn’t be as close to the stage as we hoped that we would be. I had heard that not all contests give out the close seats. Boy, I was sure right about that. We were in the top row of section 112.

   Mike was in the first row of section 207 which is nearer to the stage. A part of me was thinking that maybe it would have been better to be in that spot even though it was higher up but then I was glad about the viewpoint that we were at because it was more of a direct one.

    He told us something after the show that was both upsetting and ironic. At first, I thought that he was just joking but then he showed us the ticket- they had upgraded the people in the 200 sections because there wasn’t many of them up there. He was in the F9 section- on the floor! He said that it was like being in the 30th row.

   Jenny had made a comment that we had better seats at the Bethlehem show which made me feel not as bad about the whole ordering process for those tickets. I still will always feel upset that I didn’t do my best with that, esp. after this experience.

    She discovered that her childhood friend who she mainly keeps in touch with on Facebook was there and close to the stage in section 25. She posted her photo of the ticket and tagged me in it. She showed me that Allison left a comment that her and her brother were there too. I bet that they had closer seats as well.

   When I was on Facebook this morning, I found out that a girl that I met at the DD album signing was in the floor section too. This further added to my sadness. Geez, I feel bad for even being in a bit of a blue mood about this. I should just be totally happy that I was there with my DD buddy. I feel awful about having jealous feelings towards my brother and those two girls.

   I was doing the dancing around thing even though I swore that I wouldn’t. I couldn’t help myself. Jenny gets into complete enthusiastic mode while dancing which I admire her for. I still have the shame issue regarding this in my mind. I can’t remember if my doing so made me lose some focus on the show. Maybe just a little.

    I used the binoculars more than I intended on but I am not going to beat myself up about this as I have done in the past. I was a bit embarrassed that I was doing so though. Crap, I think that I did wind up focusing in on John more than anyone else on the stage with them.



Note- The 2 concert photos are from the internet.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 
 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...