Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Music Memories- Part 2


-I still have the 95 top songs of 1983 list from WPLJ. “Hungry Like the Wolf” and” Is There Something I Should Know?” are on it as is “Every Breath You Take” by the Police which is number 1.

-We remember some of tapes that we got from a club in the early 80s.  They were 10 for a penny or a dollar then buy a certain number at regular price. Styx – Kilroy was Here, Toto IV, Asia, Go-Gos – Vacation, David Bowie – Let’s Dance, Kool and the Gang, Def Leppard – Pyromania, Hall and Oates – Voices or H2O, maybe both.

   Mike said that my Duran Duran Rio tape was also from that club but I don’t remember this. I thought that I bought it at a flea market in 1993. It’s strange that my brother would recall this and not me. I must not have listened to it that much in the 80s. Night versions of “Hungry Like the Wolf” and “Hold Back the Rain” are on this.

-High School- Jim D was showing some of us his Wham! - Make It Big album before class started one day.

-I still have the Invisible Tour Genesis poster that I got from the picture guys shop at US 1 Flea Market. I had wished that I could go to one of their shows back then

-We listened to a Rick Astley tape for a little while at Cindy’s graduation party in 1988. I think that she said that it was her mom’s. Cindy was into Depeche Mode (and other New wave music that I don’t exactly remember). I didn’t start liking them until the early 1990s.

-In 1989, my roommate and I were singing” Ebony and Ivory” while walking by the river in Pittsburgh. A guy was looking at us as if we were crazy.

-Billy Joel- I listened to his Greatest Hits Vol. 1&2 on my Walkman during the drive to Smithville Village. I think that we stopped there on the way home from a trip to the shore. We listened to some of his 8 tracks at our friends the Prescotts’ house a couple of times.

-We listened to Mark’s Styx Kilroy Was Here tape during the drive home from the shore (AC?) Dad didn’t really care for that.

-I listened to Mellencamp’s Scarecrow on my Walkman during the drive to Saratoga Springs, N.Y. for cousin Kevin’s wedding in 1988.

-Kathy, Mike and I listened to Prince and Hall and Oates records at her house once. Her taste in music change a lot when she started dating her future husband Jeff in the late 1980s. She then liked Aerosmith, Motley Crue and other stuff that he and their college friends were into.

-Dad had an album of wrestling stars performing songs like” Don’t Go Messin’ with a Country Boy” by Hillbilly Jim.

-The first CD that I ever bought was The Unforgettable Nat King Cole in 1994.

 








 
 
Note- The Wrestling album is an internet photo.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...