Friday, November 29, 2019

Dreamtime- 2 David Bowie


May 16, 2002

I was at the Cavalier Diner in a town close to mine. There weren’t many people at it. A guy who looked like David Bowie was sitting alone at a table nearby. He started talking to me and then asked me to join him. It really was Bowie.

     I got to spend like 45 minutes with him. We had our lunches also. I don’t remember what his was, but mine was a turkey burger and salad. We talked about music, fashion, food and some other stuff. I wasn’t even feeling nervous. And I wasn’t ashamed to admit which music stars that I enjoy. I wish that I could feel that way in reality.

    After he left, a guy asked me why I hadn’t even asked Bowie for his autograph. I said that I’m not really interested in getting any stars’ autograph. He gave me a look like I was weird because of this. I was simply happy that I got to chat with this music legend.

    I should have asked him what he was doing in this area though. I had been pretty curious about that but forgot to do so. The program ended as I was driving back to my house.

 
June 11, 2002

I was outside of a television studio in NYC. A lot of people were standing there and I didn’t know why so I asked a girl. She said that David Bowie had been a guest on the show and that they were waiting and hoping that he would come out the front door so they would get the chance to see him. I decided to stay there to do the same.

   20 minutes later, he did indeed exit the building this way. The crowd was going semi-crazy. One girl was yelling out that she loves him so much. No one was being pushy or obnoxious though, which is a good thing.

     Bowie did sign some autographs; not sure that the real one would do so. He got really close to me. I wanted to say something to him but my mind was a bit of a blank. I blurted out “I like your jean jacket”, feeling a bit foolish for saying such a thing. He actually responded with a thank you. Would he even wear one of these in reality?

   It was cool seeing him- again. I was just in a holodeck program last month that had him as part of the storyline. I probably could have gotten his autograph this time but wasn’t really interested. A couple of people behind me wondered why I hadn’t tried doing so. I told them that I wasn’t really interested in autographs and that just seeing him was good enough for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...