Tuesday, November 5, 2019


October 27- Chiller Theatre-October 26, 2019

There was another bomb threat scare at this event; that makes 2 Octobers in a row. We were outside for an hour and 25 minutes. We wouldn’t have even still been there if Tony hadn’t had to go back in to buy something from one of the vendors. We didn’t leave until about 6:15.

     I was so exhausted by the time we got home. We stopped at Wawa where Mike and I got subs and soda for supper. We had split a sub for lunch at the event. We also had brought some snacks and water with us.

   Mike and I went into the room with the Revenge of the Nerds cast reunion to get Curtis Armstrong’s autograph shortly after we first got there. We got the same photo of his “Supernatural” character. I mentioned that I got my brother into the show and he said something like I am responsible for corrupting him.

    We then went into the room with the “Barney Miller” and “Three’s Company” stars. Neither of the latter 2-Joyce DeWitt and Priscilla Barnes, were there yet, however. From the former, only Max Gail was so we had to go back later to see Hal Linden.

   The room was so crowded then that we couldn’t get into it but he was standing outside of it before heading the other way so we got to see him. We returned for a third time and managed to get in there to see him and also Joyce and Priscilla. I didn’t really get a good look at Joyce though because my view was blocked most of the time.

   We saw Priscilla again when we were waiting outside during the evacuation. I hadn’t even seen her standing near us at first; Tony had pointed this out to me. He said that he had seen Shirley Jones standing between 2 cars when we were walking around out there.

    I waited on the Elvira autograph line for an hour and 20 minutes with my brother. He also got a table photo op with her. We saw Shirley Jones who was in the same room. Tony got her autograph and table photo op. I never really watched her show, The Partridge Family. I might have seen a few episodes. I saw her in Oklahoma and The Music Man. I might have seen Carousel too.

    Richard Dean Anderson, Richard Kline, Tori Spelling; Haley and Juliet Mills; Melissa Gilbert, and Barbie Benton were among the stars in the lobby area or whatever that space is called. We didn’t get to see Lisa Loring; she wasn’t at her table all 3 times that we went into that room.

    The 3 actors that were in that kids show “The Banana Splits” were also there. I never really watched it. Tony said that he did and that he even was a member of the fan club. We went into The Warriors room where 11 of its stars were. Two of them had to cancel out. I never really saw that movie but know who Michael Beck is. I must have seen him as a guest star in some television shows.

   A “Fame” reunion was in another room. I never watched that show. I did see the movie at the library with my cousin Missy in the early 80s. My brother was going a little gaga over Nia Peeples.

   We didn’t get to see Tatum O’Neal and Kristi McNichol because you had to wait on the line for their autographs for that “privilege”, just like with Tony Danza a couple of years ago. He was there this past April too; I wonder if he was out in the open for all to see this time.

    I wish that I had been able to talk Mike into taking the train and a cab to that show. I would have even paid for the latter. He didn’t want to spend the money on transportation for it. We missed out on a lot of stars that I would have liked to have seen like Danza, Cheryl Ladd, Joan Van Ark, Pamela Sue Martin, Parker Stevenson, John O’Hurley, Jason Priestly, William Kaat, Karen Allen, Morgan Fairchild; Carole and Paula (The Magic Garden) and 2 from Happy Days- Donnie Most and Anson Williams.

  My brother got excited when he saw a poster advertising the guest list for the Winter Con show in November. They had added a “Battlestar Galactica” star, Herb Jefferson Jr., since he last checked it online. Tony was teasing him about this because he mentioned it numerous times.

   Mike bought an Evil Spock (from the “Mirror, Mirror” episode) Pops for only $8.00. He was hoping to find the Kirk one too but not that many vendors had Pops this time. I didn’t buy anything. I thought about getting a “Supernatural” magnet but passed on it.

   He was wearing the “Supernatural” shirt. He had wanted me to wear mine too but I didn’t feel like it. A couple of fellow fans started talking to him. The one lady mentioned that she has been going to the Creation conventions with the Gold Package ticket for the past 9 years and will be at next year’s too. She also stays at the hotel and gets photo ops and other autographs. She must have lots of money.

The guy said that the first year that he went that this package was about $325.00. It is crazy that the price has gone up to nearly $1,000.00 more since then. I don’t know if he was with that lady or not. Maybe he went a year or 2 before her. What year did they even start having these conventions in New Jersey?

   I probably will wear my shirt at the convention in Pittsburgh. I am just praying that nothing happens to prevent us from going to that. I might even be tempted to pay for a table photo op with Mark Sheppard if the price is right. Part of me is saying that I shouldn’t bother though since I didn’t do so for James Marsters. I don’t know which side of me to listen to.

 

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...