Monday, December 13, 2021

My Family's Slides

 I bought a viewer to look at our family slides. We have a small one but it is broken and unable to be repaired. It has been interesting seeing these; there are many from 1968, including my parents wedding. I have been gradually taking batches of them to a photo shop to have made into pictures. It is kind of expensive but worth it. 

Some are not that great so I wouldn't spend money to have them done. We already have many of them from our parents wedding. I was trying to just pick out a minimal amount of each event at first but now I want to have more done. I have about 60 of them already.

These are a few of my maternal grandfather. He died a couple of years before I was born. 




I was taking photos of slides when they were in the viewer hoping that these would turn out good enough to have some of the photos that weren't on the top priority list printed out cheaply at Walgreens but this wasn't that successful. You can't really use the flash. The edges seem dark. I did try adjusting the brightness on them with Windows Photo but still wasn't satisfied. I am sure that if I had Adobe Photoshop or other program, it might do a better job. I don't really want to spend money on that. I would rather invest in getting more of them done professionally.

Here are the same photos as above- the slide viewer versions. Yikes- they are worse than I remembered




My parents didn't really do that many slides of my brother and me. There are only 15 or 16 from 1971. Those are the very first ones that I had made into photos. I also had them scanned onto a flash drive, something that I should have done with the next 2 orders. It is easier and comes out much better than scanning them myself like I have done with a lot of my photos so far. There are many more yet to be done which I haven't been in the mood for. It is discouraging that they aren't always aligned perfectly even though I have tried my best to get them that way.




Here is what the viewer looks like-
 

Mom's Viewer-


A box full of slides- 





















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...