Saturday, November 13, 2021

Music

 I haven't  really been listening to my music much lately. I am trying to get back into it though. I still have both cassettes and CDs. My Walkman no longer works so I can't listen to those anymore. My CD player still works but sometimes it gives me problems so I can't totally enjoy listening to them.

    I really need to start looking into finding a stereo to play these on which I know will be hard to do. I might be able to still find one that plays CDs but not cassettes. Ideally, it would be cool if I could get one that plays both these and also records, which we also have some of- not as many as we used to though.

   A thrift shop or maybe eBay or another site might be the place to do my search for stereos and/or a Walkman and portable disc player. I did look into the Walkman on eBay but the price of them were high. The CD player in my car has been broken for years so I can't even enjoy my CDs when driving.



My former boom box- it broke down about 12 years ago



Last week, my Dionne Warwick CD was the first one that I listened to in a few months. I only did disc 1 though. I did listen to a couple that my brother has on the computer too- Elton John's Greatest Hits and Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits. I don't have the most current way of getting my music- can't afford a smart phone- so I will have to stick with the old fashioned forms.

I have been proffering listening to mainly retro-soft rock/mellow music; it makes me feel happy. I don't even care if some people think that this stuff is lame. I used to be embarrassed about it though. I have really been in the mood for those tunes of the 1960s- early 1980s.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...