Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Sticker Collection 2






















I loved collecting and trading stickers in the 80s. I must admit that I do still collect them now and just bought 3 packs today - Snoopy, doggies and horses. I still have to put some of them in a book but might need to get a new one because the one that my friend Carolyn got me in the late 1990s is pretty full. This is my 1980s book. The Muppets and the doggies Christmas stickers are my favourite from these pages. For all sticker lovers - more posts on this in the future. What were some of your favourite stickers ?







4 comments:

Chelly said...

OMG! What a wonderful sticker collection Lara! I love that you've kept it so intact all these years. My photo album is faded and the spine started breaking years ago. Now I'll have to take pics of my sticker collection too. I can't believe I still have it. I started mine in elementary school. My cousin had way more than I did and it was a beauty. I'll have to contact her to see if she still has it.

Love the Muppets stickers! Especially Piggy dreaming of a green Christmas! All the animal one's are just too cute also. Thanks for posting this Lara—brought a huge smile on my face. :)

LaraAnn said...

Thank you so much, Chelly. I am very happy that you enjoyed seeing some of my sticker collection. I'm sure that yours is nice too and I'll be looking forward to seeing this. It was such a fun hobby. I have some other Muppets Christmas ones but never put them in the book and I think that they lost their sticking power.

Unknown said...

My favorite stickers of the 80's were Scratch-N-Sniffs!! I remember the teacher would give us cool stickers for rewards in regards to writing and reading, and I would flat Ca$h in!! I vividly remember the smell of the pizza and root beer stickers I once one. Thanks for the memory!!

LaraAnn said...

I love the scratch and sniff ones too! I do still have some of those - root beer, chocolate chip cookie, watermelon and candy cane were my favs. It's great that you got so many sticker rewards for doing well in your schoolwork. Glad that I brought back such a nice memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...