Wednesday, September 25, 2019


Souvenirs and Photos

I still have my souvenir patches from my trips. They are in my travel scrapbook. I originally was going to ask mom to sew them onto cloth to make a wall hanging out of them.

   We used to collect pennants during our vacations and put them on the paneled cabinet doors and elsewhere in the basement; at one point they were hanging in the small sky blue room.

   I remember that my cousin Missy used to collect spoons from her trips. Her father made her a nice holder for them in his woodshop. I can’t remember the souvenir that my brother would usually get though- maybe key chains.

   My brother foolishly threw out most of his family photos. Mom would always let Mike and I pick out the best shots for our albums. Dad stole many of our negatives, mostly those of pre 1976 but also others like my Switzerland trip and 8th grade dance.

   I did ask for them back in the mid-90s a couple of times but he made excuses like I’ll get around to looking for them soon. He also has the home movies of our 1976 Disney trip and my 110 Kodak camera.

   I was able to get copies of some of the pictures when I was doing that big picture project back then. I really should have gotten the pre 1984 ones done in matte finish though so that they would look more like the originals. I was always worrying that some of my negatives would get lost during this which thank goodness never happened. I put these in the fireproof safe in the basement.

   I wonder if my brother ever regrets trashing those photos; he might’ve mentioned that he does once. Mom was pretty upset about this too.

   I also wonder if Dad still has that Polaroid camera that he got in the late 70s. I always liked those commercials for it with James Garner and Mariette Hartley. We watched him in “The Rockford Files” sometimes. I liked his car, a Firebird, in that. I had a little crush on him too.






      James Garner           
                                                    
                               2 Internet photos-

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...