Thursday, February 10, 2022

1966 Cross Country Trip- Part 12- Home Movies and Slides

 Last year, I finally had Mom's home movie reels put onto DVDs. Some of them were of her cross country trip with her parents. There were no labels on some though so I didn't know until afterwards what was on them. 

   There were a few of California. I discovered that one of them was actually from a trip that Dad, his mother, and brother took out there, also in the mid-1960s. It seems odd to have them both combined on that DVD.

   Colorado, New Mexico, and Boys Town, Nebraska were on these. A few other destinations I am not sure of though. 

   Some of the footage seems dark; I don't know if this is because this is how it originally was or maybe the passage of time affected the quality of the reels. It was fun seeing them despite this.

 Other events are also on these DVDs. These include a bit of my parent's wedding and their honeymoon, 3 other weddings, Mom's trip to Boston, Grandma's trip to Germany, Grandpa at the farm, and Dad with his mom and brother in DC.




Slides

I am trying to decide if I want to have some made into photos. I did have one done- Mom and Grandma. I am not sure where this was taken. I took photos of the slides when they were in the viewer but they didn't come out that well. A couple might be from Iowa since they are probably the same cows from a field that we do have a photo of. There are 3 of the trailer and car too.



Same photo, taken in slide viewer. You can see the tree in this one but not the one that I had done at the photo shop which is kind of disappointing.






I had retaken some of the photos at a closer distance. These came out just a little better. I probably will have them done at the shop after all, eventually.












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...