Sunday, January 23, 2022

1966 Cross Country Road Trip- Mom and her parents

 Mom had the photo album of this trip in a storage tote for a very long time. I don't remember ever looking at it before the past few years I only had glanced through it a couple of times then.

Recently, I looked at it more closely and decided to scan the photos. They are printed on thick type paper and are in the pages pretty tight so they were hard to get out. It was easier just scanning each page. I did take a few of them out to do so though.

I haven't really talked to Mom about this vacation that much. She did mention the Pikes Peak, Colorado portion of it. There aren't any photos of that, just some footage on home movies which I saw for the first time a couple of months ago. I finally had her 8 mm film reels put onto DVD. She seemed pleased to see these.

I hadn't even realized that they visited her sister out in California as part of this until recently. Maybe Mom did mention it before but I just forgot.

I still have a lot more photos to crop and straighten as best as I can. I completed a handful yesterday. Here are the ones of Oklahoma and New Mexico.

Oklahoma

Grandpa- on left, with a local guy


3 locals and their doggie


New Mexico











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...