Saturday, February 8, 2020


August 24, 2015
I watched Rob Thomas on the “Today Show” this morning. I was wishing that I had gone to the Plaza to see him. I doubt that I would have won the fan pass for this. I just remembered that I had tried to do so for Luke Bryan 2 years ago but wasn’t lucky then.
   I could have seen Wrangler too; they had him outside. I am pretty sure that Rob and his wife are into helping abused and neglected animals. And pet adoptions organizations also. I am doubting my memory again.
   I shouldn’t have gotten excited about seeing Rob because my brother started telling me to calm down and did some other teasing about him too. I had watched part of the show upstairs and the 9:00 hour downstairs.
   I am glad that I went to that Matchbox Twenty concert a couple of years ago. I would love to see just Rob in concert too but that just isn’t in my budget. I was a bad girl and dipped into my auto repair fund for that DD private concert. I will have to do this for the MSG one also.
   Sharon said that I wasn’t crazy for wanting to skip a day at the Open if I have to for the ordering of a good ticket to that concert. I sure hope that I won’t have to though. She told me that I could always tell Mike that I have woman’s problems. I was thinking of that too.
   I should have written about my dream first thing this morning. It was entirely gone by 8:30 a.m. I just have the memory that it was a good one. Some people might say that it is weird that I even want to write about my dreams. What is so wrong about enjoying doing so; it is like a form of entertainment to me.
   I saved the pictures of the DD show that Jenny posted on Facebook. She is in one of them near the advertisement for this event. I had thought about taking a picture of that but didn’t.
    It was a blue and white Planet Earth shirt that Jenny was wearing, not a gold and black one. The girl at the August 1st show had that color combo in a different style. I think that she said that this was part of her fan club membership, so she obviously is in the gold level.
   I looked up the membership info; you are able to get VIP tickets in the regular level. I wasn’t too sure about that. Should I even try doing so for the MSG show? How does that even work? At the 2011 MSG show, I think that the members were in a standing section near the stage, or were there folding chairs there?
   I am so embarrassed to admit that I would want to be on a certain side of the stage again, or even center would be good if I had to be. I should not be thinking so much about this. It wasn’t as much on my mind earlier in the day but now it is. Maybe that is because I listened to a John Taylor interview on the fan site.
   I did cringe a bit when he mentioned the 2 upcoming Port Chester shows. This was from the middle of July. I was trying to tell myself that cute guy and even some others- but probably not many- also are sharing in my disappointment about the missed encore. That does help a bit.
   I saw on either Facebook or Tumblr that John is on the cover of Bass Player magazine; is that an October issue? I was a little ashamed that I was thinking that he has such a nice smile in that photo. Someone else made such a comment and I was laughing a little on the inside.
    I hate that a part of me wants to buy this. I didn’t get it the last time that he was cover boy (or was this the British version of it?)  I did the time before that though.  It is kind of twisted that I was willing to get over my driving anxiety to look for this at B&N but didn’t do so for Billboard mag when DD was on the cover recently.
   I just saved some more photos of DD two days ago. You would think that I’d be sick of seeing them by now but part of me isn’t. I feel ashamed to admit that looking at and saving photos of them makes me happy. Even after being a bit mad at them for that encore incident.
   Maybe they were having technical problems that night and this is why they didn’t come back onto the stage until much later. I really need to stop thinking about this. I have analyzed it to death. I do feel really embarrassed that I got so emotional about it.
  I mentioned the shame topic in regards to DD a lot in this entry. I guess that I am not entirely over that issue. I am much better than I used to be though.
   As I was watching “American Pickers” yesterday, I was thinking that although it is nice that Mike and Frank have such an enthusiasm for what they are doing, I couldn’t help feeling jealous of them. I don’t seem to have such a passion for anything anymore. I’m wondering if I ever really did anyhow- it seems as if that love of reading was that of another girl and not me.
    I also had the thought that those 2 guys really know their stuff- bicycles, motorcycles, signs and more- which makes me feel like such an idiot. I don’t even have much or any knowledge about my interests because my brain isn’t capable of retaining it.  I know a little about things like dog breeds but not enough to talk even semi-expertly about them.
   I should really try focusing on the Mets game now. deGrom is pitching. I was watching the tennis a lot last week so I didn’t really get to see them much then. I am already thinking about what outfits that I want to wear at the Open next week; I always pre-plan this. I might even wear my Planet Earth one. Mike will probably get annoyed that I have 3 DD shirts but I don’t care.
Matchbox Twenty

Jacob deGrom
 
Note-both photos are from the internet
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...