Tuesday, October 8, 2019


July 5, 2015- Rockford and Me

It was the mid- 1970s and I was in a “Rockford Files” storyline helping Jim out with a case. We were in the elevator of an office building with 3 other people. Suddenly, strange things began happening. First, a song from the 80s, “Take Me Home Tonight”, which had been playing in my head was now on the stereo system.

   Then it felt as if the elevator was going down instead of up and also moving very slowly. We tried remaining calm. Finally, it reached the 6th floor where we all were getting off. The hallway was very dark and multicolor lights were flashing. I was feeling very dizzy and sort of out of it now, as if I were drugged.

   We got to the end of the hall and the lights came back on. There were a couple of offices behind this door. One was a psychiatrist where Jim was going to ask him a question. The other was a dentist. I stayed in the waiting room and was talking to a girl in her mid-20s, which was about the age that I looked.

   When Jim came out of the office, two big goons grabbed him. He yelled out to me to get in touch with his cop friend, Sgt. Becker. I was very worried about him. Where were they were taking him?

   I had Jim’s jacket but no keys for his Firebird were in it. I would have to find a bus. We were in a suburban town in LA County. I was still feeling very drowsy. I saw a cop car and was going to tell them what had happened to Jim but feared that they would think that I was on drugs.

   I walked around the neighborhood for a bit. A Nat King Cole song, “When I Fall in Love” was playing in my head to calm me down. A man in his 40s passed by and started singing this. He said “Nice song” too. It was weird that he could read my mind like that.

   I saw a flatbed truck with a giant eagle with flag and a base that had 1776-1976 on it. This must be for a Bicentennial parade. I vaguely remember the one that our town had. I was supposed to do baton twirling in it but was too afraid and backed out of this.

   Suddenly, the sky started getting dark. It was only 3:30 p.m. according to my Swatch. Why was I wearing a 1980s watch in this decade? The rest of my outfit was 1970s style which was kind of cool.

    I could see the moon and stars now. I just stayed in that spot for a few minutes. As I was walking, the sky became light again a couple of minutes later. I felt as if I had been walking around in circles which I discovered was the case.

   I saw that cop car again. This time around 8 people were gathered around it. A couple in their 30s were telling the officer that their cousin had disappeared after going into that same office building that Jim and I were in. A few other people mentioned that strange things had been happening there lately.

   We all walked a couple of blocks to that building only when we arrived it was no longer even there. Then, the darkness returned. A hippie-ish looking guy said that maybe aliens were responsible for both odd occurrences.

   As the daylight began returning a couple of minutes later, the scene around me changed. I was now in a mall. It was still the same time period. “Do You Know the Way to San Jose?” was playing on the stereo system. I felt better now. I hoped that Jim would be alright in the other storyline.

    I looked at the fashions in the window of one store. As I turned around, I saw Jim standing there. I was happy about this. We were about to go for lunch when we spotted his creepy friend Angel walking in our direction.

   Jim said “What is he doing here?” Angel was supposedly kidnapped and held for ransom but obviously this had turned out to be a scam. Angel began to run and Jim chased after him.

   I wound up tripping Angel when he was running past me. I am not sure why he came back in that direction. I was no longer a part of this program after that.

   Being a “character” in an episode of a show that I used to like was fun, except for the fact that I was feeling doped up during part of it.
Note- This is just one of my many recurring alien holodeck dreams. I used a condensed version of it. I will explain more about them soon.
Pontiac Firebird
                                      
Angel and Jim Rockford

Bicentennial Parade Float
 

                                                                     1976 Fashions
These are all internet photos
 

1 comment:

Vilhelm man said...

A week full of achievements!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...