Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Comic Con NYC 2019

This is the first time that my brother and I ever attended this event. It was fun but very crowded. We only saw about half of the vendors; my brother didn't feel like going back to that area after I got an autograph. Now he is wishing that we had, of course.

I didn't take that many photos because I was feeling overwhelmed by the huge crowd. You aren't supposed to take any of the stars, but I am sure that some people did anyway. You can pay for table photo ops or professional ones with them.

 Five cast members of Angel was there; it's the 20th anniversary of that show. I can't believe that it has been that long. I originally was just going to get James Marsters autograph but then later decided to also get Charisma Carpenter's. I felt less nervous talking to her and said more too.

My brother also got her autograph. At first, he hadn't planned on it but I convinced him to do so which he seems glad about. We both got Nichelle Nichols autograph. I used to like "Star Trek" when I was a kid. My brother still enjoys it.

We saw Felicia Day at the book signing area. We had missed out on her panel because Nichelle was running late. Maybe the line was long and we wouldn't have been able to get into it anyhow.

I had wanted to buy her book earlier but my brother talked me out of it, saying that he wants her autograph on a photo from "Supernatural" and not a book. I wish that I hadn't listened to him. Now he is regretting this decision and said "You shouldn't have listened to me".

We saw Christopher Eccleston from "Doctor Who". The price of his autograph wasn't in our budget. Mike has autographs of Doctors 5, 6, and 7- Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy. He also saw the 12th, Peter Capaldi. He has been to 4 or 5 "Doctor Who" conventions.

Mike would have gotten a photo op with Charisma if it was $20.00 and not $40.00. The former was the price of Marsters' when purchasing his autograph at $40.00. I had thought about doing so but talked myself out of it which I am sort of regretting.

I don't normally like being in photos but should have made an exception this time. My brother is more into getting such photo ops and some professional ones too. I only have one table op that I paid $15.00 for and 4 from before the stars were even charging for them.

We didn't get to see Billy Dee Williams. He wasn't at his table for the 6:00 p.m. signing when we went back to the area. We couldn't see him at his other time because we were on line for autographs.

Tom Hiddleston was there too but there was no way that we could even see him with the way that they had his table and line set up. They also had a metal detector in that area- no other star had this. The price of his autograph was way, way beyond what I could afford- $250.00.

Mike and I bought the same style Supernatural t-shirt. The vendor had a lot of cool shirts to choose from. He would have gotten a Star Trek one too but he didn't have his size.

I was going to scan my autographs like I have done with others in the past but felt too nervous to take them out of the binder.








1 comment:

Vilhelm man said...

Hello!
Nice blog!
Come And Get Free Beautiful Animated Gifs For Your Blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...