Sunday, September 29, 2019


June 10- Crushes

I remember playing Truth or Dare at Nancy’s birthday/slumber party in 6th grade and instead of admitting who I had a crush on I drank out of the dog’s dish for the dare.

    Dad took a picture of me with 2 of my crushes after 8th grade graduation. Obviously, Mike told him about them but I’m not quite sure how he found out. Did I write about this in my diary and he read it or did he overhear me telling Kim or mom about them?  I don’t remember ever doing either. I would not have admitted this to him, would I? Whatever- it’s so embarrassing that Dad did that.

   My other crush told me not to stare at him anymore sometime in the 7th grade. This has often been on my mind when I have looked at cute guys since then. I realize that this sounds ridiculous but I can’t help it. Amy and Sharon always tell me that it is perfectly fine for me to be doing so but I don’t know if I can make myself believe this. 

    Mike told me that in the mid-90s a neighborhood boy, Stephen, who used to hang out with him sometimes at our house, had a crush on me which I found hard to believe. But then in about 2000 when I was walking around town with my boyfriend we saw Stephen in his yard and while we were talking to him he told me so himself.

   Shouldn’t I have been flattered? I was thinking how strange it was to hear this. He’s 4 or 5 younger than me. That was in the mid-80s; I looked so dorky then- bad hairdos and big glasses. I’ve been wearing glasses since the 3rd grade.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...